Nick Fuller

From the very first time I saw this kids video I really liked him.  What was so fascinating to me was how well he was able to use both hands around the rim, dribble for his size, court vision and shooting.  I wouldn't call him "explosive" but he looks like he has an extremely high basketball IQ and can stroke it from the outside.  I think we got a good one in Fuller.

He has a beautiful left-handed jump shot from outside.  I'm sure there are people on this board who never thought they'd read me saying someone's jumper looks good, but his does.  So does Hawkins'.  And Webster's.  No odd sidespin.  No firing from mid-chest. No quirky releases.  These guys have near text book form.  It's going to be fun next year to finally be able to watch a Husker team that will have multiple players who can shoot the ball.  I'm looking forward to it.

Even better to see:

Big Eight Conference: Career scoring leaders (boys basketball) Name, school Year graduated Points 1. Nick Fuller, Sun Prairie 2013 1,690 2. Jeronne Maymon, Madison Memorial 2009 1,669 3. Marquis Mason, Madison East 2010 1,610 4. Mark Paulson, Madison La Follette 1989 1,542 5. John Brenegan, Sun Prairie 1989 1,485 6. Chris Weber, Janesville Craig 1975 1,452 7. Bob Falk, Madison West 1972 1,414 8. Joshua Jackson, Madison West 2005 1,358 9. Reece Gaines, Madison West 1999 1,347 10. Donald Hayes, Madison East 1994 1,346 11. Wesley Matthews, Madison Memorial 2005 1,342 12. Junior Lomomba, Madison Memorial 2012 1,326 13. Jeff Cohen, Kenosha 1957 1,308 14. Nimrod Hilliard IV, Madison East 2011 1,286 15. Graham Hildebrandt, Middleton 1993 1,271 16. Vander Blue, Madison Memorial 2010 1,269 17. Craig Anderson, Madison La Follette 1980 1,268 18. Tim Paterick, Janesville Craig 1971 1,257 19. David Dubois, Madison La Follette 2005 1,209 20. Rick Redman, Madison Memorial 1986 1,179 21. Ross Kingsley, Janesville Craig 1,153 1980 22. Michael Flowers, Madison La Follette 1,149 2004 23. Rick Olson, Madison La Follette 1,121 1982 24. Damon Harrell, Madison West 1,120 1989 25. Matt Ohmen, Sun Prairie 1,103 2001

Read more: http://host.madison.com/sports/columnists/nick_sunderland_saied/prep-boys-basketball-another-record-setting-night-for-sun-prairie/article_a5c0f63c-5d39-11e2-84c4-001a4bcf887a.html#ixzz2I5aWtyWg

He has a beautiful left-handed jump shot from outside.  I'm sure there are people on this board who never thought they'd read me saying someone's jumper looks good, but his does.  So does Hawkins'.  And Webster's.  No odd sidespin.  No firing from mid-chest. No quirky releases.  These guys have near text book form.  It's going to be fun next year to finally be able to watch a Husker team that will have multiple players who can shoot the ball.  I'm looking forward to it.

If they dont redshrit.

If they dont redshrit.

They won't.  Well, at least not all of them.  Can't see any way Webster does.  Possible one of Fuller and Hawkins does, but I wouldn't be shocked if both see time.

If they dont redshrit.

They won't.  Well, at least not all of them.  Can't see any way Webster does.  Possible one of Fuller and Hawkins does, but I wouldn't be shocked if both see time.

No redshirts for a player if they are in the top 10 of players, unless there are injuries that keeps them out for a lengthy time. The new recruits will be available through year 5. By then Miles plans to have built  the foundation and he can continue to recruit players of a high caliber for a team that ought to be able to hold their own in recruiting...if your plan and coaching is working.

It is very important to take several significant steps forward next year. Use the tools you have to insure it happens. Spending their year in '13-'14 will insure better recruiting in the future. Even high school players  can give Miles a pass this year. A tremendous leap next year propels interest much more than winning a few more games while getting better. We can/will have that opportunity, but coach has to make it happen. A large leap makes the likelihood of future leaps (recruiting successes) much more likely.

In a business model analogy, you have to spend your marketing resources in order to sell your products in the future. The redshirts, recruiting class and the several leftovers are those resources. Use them. Get better. The time to sell is now.

GATA

• 3 weeks later...

I love this kid.  Can't wait to see him in a Husker uni.  Good player and he seems like the kind of solid, down-to-earth, good citizen kind of kid that Brandon Ubel is.  Just a good kid who goes out there and plays hard.  But Nick Fuller is a player.  He has some mad skilz.  It's going to be reeeaaally interesting seeing what he does when he arrives.  He's going to make some people work in order to beat him out for playing time.  I think we got a good one, here, folks.  In fact, I think Miles really did well with this whole recruiting class.  Add another big or two and we really have something to write home about.