Tarin Smith

Swan88

If all of this is true, it is more evidence that Miles has a better chance than anyone in making it work in this league without needing to only sign a bunch of 4 and 5 stars and the notorious recruits. He seems to have a great knack for identifying under the radar talent, knowing which guys can excel in his system, and how to blend the moving parts. Don't get me wrong, he knows he has to get a couple of NBA guys to be at the top of this league, but if anyone has the chance to overcome our recruiting disadvantages with better player identification and development, it is this guy.

If all of this is true, it is more evidence that Miles has a better chance than anyone in making it work in this league without needing to only sign a bunch of 4 and 5 stars and the notorious recruits. He seems to have a great knack for identifying under the radar talent, knowing which guys can excel in his system, and how to blend the moving parts. Don't get me wrong, he knows he has to get a couple of NBA guys to be at the top of this league, but if anyone has the chance to overcome our recruiting disadvantages with better player identification and development, it is this guy.

I would have no problem with Miles being the Chip Kelly of the B1G Ten.  If he thinks he can win without the high rated guys by finding the right guys that fit his system I'm all for it.  

Amen.  We noted when the kid was signed of Hurley's program that he likely would be under the radar yet a quality kid and a great talent.  Not everyone can get into St. Anthony's.  Not everyone is going to get their names in headlines there as it is about the name on the front of the jersey, not on the back,  My hunch is that he is going to be a good one!

I still say this kid has the best combination of PG skills of anyone on the roster. It will be very interesting to see how we rotate our guards this year. For all of Tai's potential improvement over the off-season, I still don't see him as a true PG. Smith seems like more of a natural ball distributor who can create opportunities for others.

I'm not down on Webster at all, because he showed flashes last season, specifically in driving to the basket, which offered encouragement about his potential, but he just doesn't seem like a true PG to me. Tarin Smith does.

From Huskers.com on Tarin Smith:

"Tarin is a great addition to our program,” Nebraska Coach Tim Miles said. “He is the complete package at the point guard. He has excellent feel for the game. He is a leader. He has a terrific skill set, and is long and athletic on the defensive end. I love his personality, and he is really an endearing, bright young man. The Huskers landed a treasure in Tarin Smith!"

As a senior, he was a third-team all-state selection by the Newark Star-Ledger, averaging 15 points, four rebounds and four assists per game, as St. Anthony went 25-5 on the season. Smith reached double figures in all but two games as a senior, including a pair of 23-point outings. One of his best performances was a 12-point, eight-assist, six-rebound effort in a win over eventual state champion Roselle Catholic.

If he is truly ready to contribute we can experiment more successfully with Tai at the 2, Terran at the 3, and shields at 4, and WP at the 5, with a pretty stellar bench of rivers, Moses, fuller, and the energizer bunny himself Benny Parker, some limited minutes for Hammond if need be

I really hope there's still a possibility that Jake Hammond could redshirt to put on some weight/strength.

And, on topic, I am very excited for the development of Tarin Smith's all-around game. TS will be a great floor leader for Big Red.

He's a nice kid, too.  I ran into him over at Hendricks this summer.  He was walking around in Husker shorts and tank but, SHOCKINGLY, he was wearing Air Jordans shoes.  Dammit, this is an adidas school!  I thought kids were required to throw away all of their Nike gear before they could enroll.

I worry a little bit that he might become homesick ala Nate Hawkins though...judging by his tweets this summer.

He's a nice kid, too.  I ran into him over at Hendricks this summer.  He was walking around in Husker shorts and tank but, SHOCKINGLY, he was wearing Air Jordans shoes.  Dammit, this is an adidas school!  I thought kids were required to throw away all of their Nike gear before they could enroll.

Norm, I love you, but...

your comment shows exactly what they prefer...

Wearing Adidas is like sled riding in the summer.

Wearing Adidas is like sleeping with Khole Kardashian when you can sleep with any other woman.

Wearing Adidas is like using a saw to pound a hammer.

Wearing Adidas is like fisting a couch with gloves.

Wearing Adidas is like banking at a local chain with 2 atm when you could bank with a national chain.

Wearing Adidas is like joining myspace is 2014.

Wearing Adidas is like admitting you would rather watch NASCAR than the NFL.

Wearing Adidas is like listening to NOW 45023 rather than NOW 4.

Wearing Adidas is like accepting you're okay with making minimum wage to do a $20 an hour job.

Wearing Adidas is like thinking Ray Rice only deserves a 2 game suspension.

Wearing Adidas is like ______

Norm, I love you, but...

your comment shows exactly what they prefer...

Wearing Adidas is like sled riding in the summer.

Wearing Adidas is like sleeping with Khole Kardashian when you can sleep with any other woman.

Wearing Adidas is like using a saw to pound a hammer.

Wearing Adidas is like fisting a couch with gloves.

Wearing Adidas is like banking at a local chain with 2 atm when you could bank with a national chain.

Wearing Adidas is like joining myspace is 2014.

Wearing Adidas is like admitting you would rather watch NASCAR than the NFL.

Wearing Adidas is like listening to NOW 45023 rather than NOW 4.

Wearing Adidas is like accepting you're okay with making minimum wage to do a $20 an hour job.

Wearing Adidas is like thinking Ray Rice only deserves a 2 game suspension.

Wearing Adidas is like ______

I question how much you love me when I don't even get a +1 on my Cookie Miller joke.

And if I have to explain it, it really ruins the effect.

Besides, wearing Nike is like ...

Wearing Nike is like cheering for Russia to beat the U.S. Hockey team in Lake Placid in 1980.

Wearing Nike is like being a virtual booster for the University of Oregon.

Wearing Nike is like wanting Drago to beat Rocky.

Wearing Nike is like listening to nothing but AT's Top 40.

Wearing Nike is like only going to movies starring famous people.

Wearing Nike is like following the pack of lemmings off the cliff.

Wearing Nike is like switching to Hanes underwear just because Michael Jordan pitches them.

Wearing Nike is like eating at the hot place to eat in town for no other reason than it's the hot place to eat.

Wearing Nike is like going to Creighton games just because everyone else in your bridge club started going.

Wearing Nike is like becoming a fan of whichever team just won the national championship.

Wearing Nike is like collecting Beanie Babies.

Wearing Nike is like learning to drive your brand-new Harley Davidson while on the way to Sturgis.

Wearing Nike is like preferring to buy an "American" car built in Mexico rather than a Honda made in America.

Wearing Nike is like always cheering for the frontrunner.

Wearing Nike is like pretending you always were a Red Sox fan after they finally won a World Series.

Wearing Nike is like believing Kim Kardashian is hot just because she's famous.