Joshua Smith

husker8282

With Smith's departure (apparently for weight issues) UCLA is left with 8 scholarship players: Four are freshmen; and three are transfers from North Carolina.

Wow. How do you get three transfers from North Carolina? Can we get in on that action?

"Yes, I'd like a McDonald's All-American with cheese, two North Carolina transfers and a biggie-sized foreign kid. And I'll take fries with that."

With Smith's departure (apparently for weight issues) UCLA is left with 8 scholarship players: Four are freshmen; and three are transfers from North Carolina.

Wow. How do you get three transfers from North Carolina? Can we get in on that action?

"Yes, I'd like a McDonald's All-American with cheese, two North Carolina transfers and a biggie-sized foreign kid. And I'll take fries with that."

AKA the usual breakfast order for Almeida?

"Smith, a Kent, Wash., native, came to UCLA with McDonald's All-American honors and was ranked by ESPN as the No. 1 center recruit in the country. Rivals.com ranked him as the No. 3 center nationally and Scout.com ranked him as the No. 4 center nationally."(From yesterday's L.A. Times).

So much for stars and rankings on this one!

We don't want him I am a UCLA fan and this kid is a bum, was given every chance to be the next BIG thing and didn't care to work out and lose a few pounds. He is a cancer in the locker room and I am thankful he is off the team.

jnh, welcome to the board and thanks for the input!

Curious, though, how (or why) does a UCLA fan go about finding a Nebraska Huskers basketball message board?

I am a UCLA but born and raised in Lincoln and have always been a Husker fan as well. Just my imput on the Josh Smith, he would be bad for this team that is trying to build something. It is all about him and I think you will see UCLA get better now that he has left.