Nick Fuller

faqlsr

Not only did he make the shots, but he did it with form (I'll leave the critique of his form to Norm), but he didn't just chuck a set shot up there like everyone else did. That's my big takeaway from that video.

I'm excited to see this kid in action next season!

...and not to hijack this thread, (dimes, if you want me to I'll start another thread for this topic) but one of the related videos on youtube was this one:

And I was struck by just how dead on Coach was at his PC about what he intended to do at Nebraska.  To be honest, I was skeptical (albeit hopeful) that he'd achieve even half, not to mention all he laid out there for the program.  But I'll be damned if he hasn't done just what he said he was going to do, and be ahead of schedule doing it.  I'm so damned proud to have Tim Miles as our hoops coach.  What's more, it's so exciting to me to think that they've only begun to tap the potential of the Husker hoops program.

Is it November yet?

Please tell me that this is wrong... they practice half court shots at the end of every practice?

Been doing it for a while. Probably one shot per dude with the ones who make it keep going until only one is left (or everyone misses). Probably takes all of four minutes.

Please tell me that this is wrong... they practice half court shots at the end of every practice?

Why not end with something fun if you've got your work done?
Agreed

If it literally takes four minutes, then I'm okay with it. "Practicing half court shots" infers something more, to me anyway. I just know that the time with coaches is limited in the summer.

Agreed

If it literally takes four minutes, then I'm okay with it. "Practicing half court shots" infers something more, to me anyway. I just know that the time with coaches is limited in the summer.

I'm curious as to what that inference is.  Care to elaborate?

Agreed

It looks to me like that was taken in San Antonio, so I don't think they are spending the whole summer shooting half court shots. I think Coach Miles has a decent idea of how to allocate time, he's been doing this a while.

Agreed
It looks to me like that was taken in San Antonio, so I don't think they are spending the whole summer shooting half court shots. I think Coach Miles has a decent idea of how to allocate time, he's been doing this a while.

The video was from San Antonio. They had the 40 minute session on the court. It was basically a shootaround to get a feel for the arena as they did all shooting drills. The assistants led the different groups while Coach Miles was tied up with the media (I think). Miles finally came out with about 15 minutes left in their session. He joined in the drills for a bit but the last 10 minutes (at least) was dedicated to the half court shooting contest. It's all good, though, because after the shootaround I was told the team headed to an alternate site for a 2-3 hour practice.

Not to mention that plays like this actually happen in basketball and can make the difference in games. (See: Michigan, Jan. 29, 2014)

I searched my memory long and hard and I couldn't find that one.  Must have been a road game because I went to every game at the Vault last year and we won them all.  :P