2014 ACC - BIG TEN CHALLENGE SCHEDULE

Tinpanalley

The ACC - Big Ten Challenge schedule has been announced.  Nebraska has a big time match with Duke.  Will be a rematch from the 2013 Sweet Sixteen game.  Here's hoping for better results.  Maryland has a big time game with Notre Dame.  Will give a clue on how good they are going to be. 

Wednesday, Dec. 3

• Duke at Nebraska
  • Maryland at Notre Dame
  • Florida State at Purdue
  • Minnesota at NC State
  • Indiana at Boston College
  • Wake Forest at Michigan
  • Virginia at Illinois
  • Pittsburgh at Ohio State

Thursday, Dec. 4

• Iowa at Louisville
  • Penn State at Syracuse
  • Northwestern at Virginia Tech
  • Wisconsin at Miami
  • North Carolina at Rutgers
  • Georgia Tech at Michigan State

We're only going to have a couple of weeks after the season opens, to get ready for Duke.

We play 4 games before the end of Nov...one being with UCLA, and also I think Wash St.

So, we'll have a little time.....luckily we have 4 returning starters, and we'll play at home.

Is this going to be fun...or what !

We're only going to have a couple of weeks after the season opens, to get ready for Duke.

We play 4 games before the end of Nov...one being with UCLA, and also I think Wash St.

So, we'll have a little time.....luckily we have 4 returning starters, and we'll play at home.

Is this going to be fun...or what !

Can't wait and you would think this game would be a prime time slot game.Iowa looks to be a little over matched IMHO Thoughts ?

Good to see the Blue Devils making their way to PBA. Duke lost two seniors to the WNBA draft this past season a total of 5 seniors off last years roster all together. They do have though, all american center Elizabeth Williams returning and a good guard in Alexis Jones. They will be a formidable foe. Maryland going to Notre Dame makes sense since ND is in their second season with the ACC. Not sure how many of the ACC teams wanted to play Maryland this soon after they depart the ACC next month.

This makes our 5th home game in the non conference, Here's to hoping they fill out the rest of the home slate of the schedule with some more marquee games compared to the other 4 we now have scheduled.

Good to see the Blue Devils making their way to PBA. Duke lost two seniors to the WNBA draft this past season a total of 5 seniors off last years roster all together. They do have though, all american center Elizabeth Williams returning and a good guard in Alexis Jones. They will be a formidable foe. Maryland going to Notre Dame makes sense since ND is in their second season with the ACC. Not sure how many of the ACC teams wanted to play Maryland this soon after they depart the ACC next month.

This makes our 5th home game in the non conference, Here's to hoping they fill out the rest of the home slate of the schedule with some more marquee games compared to the other 4 we now have scheduled.

Wasn't Jones injured late in the season last year, Or am I thinking of someone different.

Wasn't Jones injured late in the season last year, Or am I thinking of someone different.

Yes. She tore her ACL during their Notre Dame game last year. Chelsea Gray was also injured, a huge loss for them.

Yes. She tore her ACL during their Notre Dame game last year. Chelsea Gray was also injured, a huge loss for them.

Do you think that the injury will keep her out of the game with the Huskers ?

Even with Jones, I think Huskers win this game.  Huskers have superior coaching, team play and proven veterans.  Duke is inexperienced with only Williams and Jones and senior Ka'lia Johnson seeing extensive playing time.  While Duke is extremely long and athletic downlow, they don't do a great job of getting the ball to the posts.  Jones can shoot the three but she is virtually the only expereinced threat from the outside.  Huskers could pack the paint and watch Duke chuck from outside or throw the ball away.

Even with Jones, I think Huskers win this game.  Huskers have superior coaching, team play and proven veterans.  Duke is inexperienced with only Williams and Jones and senior Ka'lia Johnson seeing extensive playing time.  While Duke is extremely long and athletic downlow, they don't do a great job of getting the ball to the posts.  Jones can shoot the three but she is virtually the only expereinced threat from the outside.  Huskers could pack the paint and watch Duke chuck from outside or throw the ball away.

Nice first post and welcome

I like the B1G in most of these games.  

Wednesday, December 3

Maryland at Notre Dame (Fort Wayne, Ind.) - Both teams graduated a lot.  But Muffet is an excellent coach.  What do Terps have after Thomas?
Indiana at Boston College - Going with the home team.
Minnesota at NC State - If Borton was still there, I'd go NC State.  Banham and Zuhai B.
Florida State at Purdue - Going with hometeam again.  Both teams lost a lot but I think Howard was a much bigger loss for FSU.  
Duke at Nebraska -
Wake Forest at Michigan - Michigan will be a sleeper team next year.
Virginia at Illinois - Home team.
Pittsburgh at Ohio State - OSU will have it's struggles next year with all that young talent. Not in this game.

Thursday, December 4

Iowa at Louisville - Walz is a great coach but Bluder has a veteran class led by Logic.
Penn State at Syracuse - Penn State is going to be very raw.
Northwestern at Virginia Tech - I think Coach Joe wastes his talent but they will do well against lowly Tech.
Wisconsin at Miami - Home team.
North Carolina at Rutgers - I'm predicting the upset. 
Georgia Tech at Michigan State
- I like MSU's Sophomores Powers, and Jankoska.

I like the B1G in most of these games.  

Wednesday, December 3

Maryland at Notre Dame (Fort Wayne, Ind.) - Both teams graduated a lot.  But Muffet is an excellent coach.  What do Terps have after Thomas?

Indiana at Boston College - Going with the home team.

Minnesota at NC State - If Borton was still there, I'd go NC State.  Banham and Zuhai B.

Florida State at Purdue - Going with hometeam again.  Both teams lost a lot but I think Howard was a much bigger loss for FSU.  

Duke at Nebraska -

Wake Forest at Michigan - Michigan will be a sleeper team next year.

Virginia at Illinois - Home team.

Pittsburgh at Ohio State - OSU will have it's struggles next year with all that young talent. Not in this game.

Thursday, December 4

Iowa at Louisville - Walz is a great coach but Bluder has a veteran class led by Logic.

Penn State at Syracuse - Penn State is going to be very raw.

Northwestern at Virginia Tech - I think Coach Joe wastes his talent but they will do well against lowly Tech.

Wisconsin at Miami - Home team.

North Carolina at Rutgers - I'm predicting the upset. 

Georgia Tech at Michigan State - I like MSU's Sophomores Powers, and Jankoska.

But Walz has the Nebraska factor on his side to beat the beaks.