Tai's summer

GATA

Nice comment from BR in his chat today...

I can confirm that Tai will be staying in Lincoln through the first summer session, which goes until the first week or two of July. After that, we'll have another update on his plans. He's going to have a busy and productive summer, I can tell you that. And yes, he and Terran have basically been camping out in Hendricks. I've heard those two are really getting after it, not happy with how the season ended and showing some serious determination. That shouldn't be a surprise with Petteway. It's a great sign with Tai.

Hope he does get home though for some me time. Everybody needs to go home and eat mom's cooking, sleep in your own bed and hang with the boys. Tell them all the stories about Nebraska. Nit a long stay, just a battery recharging one. Then come back ready to compete.

100% agree

Hope he does get home though for some me time. Everybody needs to go home and eat mom's cooking, sleep in your own bed and hang with the boys. Tell them all the stories about Nebraska. Nit a long stay, just a battery recharging one. Then come back ready to compete.

Depends how good mom's cooking is. My mom could really cook. But I had friends whose moms couldn't cook their way out of a box of Kraft macaroni. I'm sure Tai's mom is a fine cook. Although maybe his girlfriend is too. Ya never know.

Sounds like somebody wants Terran to come visit them...

I will bump this with the article that appears in todays LJS.  The article discusses the relentless work being put in by Mr. Webster and Mr. Petteway.  I know I mentioned this before, but Petteway's influence on his teammates is a wonderful attribute.  The article mentions what Tai will be doing in July through early September as well as who is visiting this weekend. 

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/webster-progressing-with-push-from-teammate/article_76d02c4a-ab66-5994-aa9b-d3de77fe0707.html

I will ask again, is it just the two of them or are guys like Parker, Rivers, Pitchford in the gym with them?

Apparently it's just the two of them.  Everyone else apparently went home for the first part of summer.  I take it the other guys will be back starting this coming week.  But, according to the article CWG linked, they're the only two here right now.

Had NU-FGCU still on the bottom of the DVR list, so watched it yesterday - it was amazing watching Tai & how much more confident he looked in that game versus what he looked like late in the year. The talent is there, just has to regain his confidence.

I like what I've heard to so far this summer - I have a good feeling it pays off for Tai in a big sophomore season.  

really... we don't need a huge sophomore season from tai.

if we get it, we're going to be VERY hard to play against.

we just need a solid B1G guard.  benny can play enough to balance out the minutes (heck, i think he could start, but that's just me).  If tai noticeably improves it's one of the areas that could really help us.

Had NU-FGCU still on the bottom of the DVR list, so watched it yesterday - it was amazing watching Tai & how much more confident he looked in that game versus what he looked like late in the year. The talent is there, just has to regain his confidence.

I like what I've heard to so far this summer - I have a good feeling it pays off for Tai in a big sophomore season.  

That was exactly my take on it. He was a shadow of the player he was then. His confidence disappeared. I sure hope this summer spent with TP pays off.

That was exactly my take on it. He was a shadow of the player he was then. His confidence disappeared. I sure hope this summer spent with TP pays off.

It could have had more to do with the fact there wasn't much film to scout Tai with at the start of the season.

A lot of teams started playing off of him on defense when they realized he wasn't a good shooter. The most important thing he can do is improve his jumpshot.

I think another thing that we're forgetting is that TP is improving as well. I know that he's not going to improve as much as Tai and we all expected TP to work his butt off anyway, but I'm really excited to see how much he improves as well as Tai. :P