Wisconsin game

Just want to thank everyone who could be a part of that one again.  One of the best sports memories I will ever have.  Will never forget that amazing day in Lincoln.  Never seen an entire building refuse to lose like that environment.   When Petteway hit that three to go up 9-2 or whatever the place literally exploded.  What an amazing day. 

Oh, BTW it's legal to drink in Wisconsin at any age as long as you're accompanied by a parent. Think about it...

Can't you do that in Nebraska too? Maybe I'm wrong

no, that distributing to minors, or negligence...we tried using that excuse in high school...it never worked...one party got busted the kids parents got a count of DTM for every kid there, plus there own children, so like 80 counts or something

Oh, BTW it's legal to drink in Wisconsin at any age as long as you're accompanied by a parent. Think about it...

no, that distributing to minors, or negligence...we tried using that excuse in high school...it never worked...one party got busted the kids parents got a count of DTM for every kid there, plus there own children, so like 80 counts or something

So, were you at that graduation party in Gretna for Rod Kush's kid?

For my sporting experiences I'd rank it right up there with seeing the Huskers in the CWS and getting to see the Huskers in the Rose Bowl even though we did not make it a game.  It was an awesome atmosphere. 

I assume you aren't referring to the 1941 Rose Bowl my mother still talks about! A loss to Stanford 21-13.

In any event, I agree with you.

So, were you at that graduation party in Gretna for Rod Kush's kid?

nah, heard about that one tho, no this was in papillion the exact number could be off, but i do remember the wrestling coach'(who was also the history) found out the next morning from other students that his son was involved and hadn't told him, and came to our homeroom class an pulled him out of class by his ear (hilarious) the next morning, and there were at least 30-40 that i know of in my class, as well as underclassmen

I like to dream that Miles will be our Adolf Rupp and that someday people will say, "Remember when Nebraska was a Football school?"

I would rather dream about someday people will say "Remember when Nebraska was just a football school and now they have won the CWS, the Final Four and the FBS playoffs!"

It was easily the most electric game of the Pinnacle Bank Arena Era....did any from the Devaney Center Era equal or surpass it?

I didn't go to many games before the turn of the century, but none that I attended did, at least not for the duration. There were some moments, though. The game vs. KU when they went crazy from 3 and hit 18 of them got pretty loud, but we lost that game. The first half vs. KSU after the Texas upset was pretty raucous but not nearly on the Wisconsin level.  I didn't get to games in the golden years, there may have been some games in there that were pretty crazy. There is certainly some footage I've seen that would suggest that.

It was easily the most electric game of the Pinnacle Bank Arena Era....did any from the Devaney Center Era equal or surpass it?

I'm not sure if it was my first Nebraska game I ever went to, but it is the first one I remember.  It was the 92-93 season and I was eight years old. 

I remember Devaney being absolutely packed and we were way up on the wooden bleachers crowded in.  KU was coming into the game ranked like 3rd or something and we beat them, it was awesome seeing as a kid.

We knocked off  a top 10 Sooners squad with Daryl Kennedy during the '86 season. That was Nee's first year, and hinted at what was to come. The place went apes**t because we rarely hung with teams like that, let alone beat them. But this year I can say with a straight face we WILL compete for a B1G Title...