How many wins does NU get in the next 4 games? WF, USC, CU, OR

FredsSlacks

How many wins does NU get in their next 4 games?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins does NU get in their next 4 games? WF, USC, CU, OR

Looking at that, you'd certainly think we have a good chance. If we win this game, I like our chances to come home and beat USC.

Definitely agree. Aside from UCONN, they really haven't had any quality opponents. We haven't had many pretty wins, but after looking at their box scores, I think we have a chance. And for USC....

2009-2010: 51-48 W

2010-2011: 60-58 W

2011-2012: 64-61 2OT W

We're 3-0 against them in the past 3 years. Throw that record aside. It's really irrelevant at this point. All it tells me is that we should be in for a real close game once again this year.

I did some checking yesterday and it turns out Wake starts two Rivals 4-star players in their starting lineup: Travis McKie and Cody Miller-McIntyre. (Another Rivals 4-star, Melvin Tabb, who used to play for Wake but got kicked off their team now plays for ... Kent State.)

So, for every walk-on who will likely get minutes for US (still count Menke as a walk-on), THEY have a Rivals 4-star, top 100 player.

I'm sorry, but Bzdelik would have to suck as a coach for them to lose to us with that kind of lineup. No wonder people in Wake aren't happy. They used to be good.

Even in our "down" years, our home court advantage has been real. We've all seen the Huskers beat much better teams at the Devaney. Losing to Kent St. by 14, especially in the manner it happened, gives me pause. If we only win ONE of the next four, please let it be Creighton.

It will be a close game. records/team strength usually get thrown out the window in these games. Jays have been prone to foul trouble. McDermott sitting out half a game, Echinique only playing 12 minutes against ASU, Chapman in foul trouble agains ASU. Shooting percentage by team and Doug is down compared to last year. You guys stand a pretty good chance.

Oh, c'mon, let's get real. We have about as much chance of beating Creighton this year as I have of beating Silverbacked in a banana-eating contest. Which is to say that I'd put up a really good fight -- for a while -- and wouldn't just roll over. But, at the end of the day, he'd still have more empty banana peals on his side of the table. (And then I'd roll over. And he'd point to my remaining bananas and say, "Are you gonna eat that?")

It will be a close game. records/team strength usually get thrown out the window in these games. Jays have been prone to foul trouble. McDermott sitting out half a game, Echinique only playing 12 minutes against ASU, Chapman in foul trouble agains ASU. Shooting percentage by team and Doug is down compared to last year. You guys stand a pretty good chance.

You're either patronizing or trolling. NU doesn't really stand a good chance, but they do have a punchers chance if NU can run with them a bit, which they've shown a willingness to do at times, and make their shots. Most teams play better at home where they're most comfortable.

Right. Nice try.

Watch the reverse jinxes!