How many wins does NU get in the next 4 games? WF, USC, CU, OR

FredsSlacks

How many wins does NU get in their next 4 games?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins does NU get in their next 4 games? WF, USC, CU, OR

Two would be great, one or none is more realistic though. I am just hoping that we see improvement. The Kent State game (despite the efforts of Ubel and Talley) was a step backwards. I know this is going to be a tough year, yet I expect that we continue to improve each and every game.

I said one, but if we play like we can we could get two. We may even sneak a third win out, though.... it does not look good as both Creighton and Oregon are amazing right now.

Now with that being said, the sad reality is that we may get 0. If we play like we did last game, its a for sure 0 wins. We have to have improvement, and I also think that Shields will be the deciding factor in 0 1 or 2 wins. The third win is going to have to come when someone is reallly playing bad and we are playing amazing.

Realistically 0 or 1. 2 would be great... and three is out there, but we would need a lot of help.

It might be a good idea to try and not focus so much on wins and losses. I think cwg was right above talking about looking for improvement, and the indicators of how basketball is going to be played in the program in the future.

Personally, I see a season like this to just be a fan first, and to focus on the sport and our team's learning of it. It's easier than getting wrapped up in the traditional benchmarks of W's and L's. But that's just me.

I agree with CWG and tcp that what we're looking for is improvement. It sure ain't gonna be wins for the most part. But y'all keep in mind that improvement might be a difficult thing to guage as the season goes on and the quality of opponent improves. There could be some games where we get absolutely (insert offensive expletive here). Which happens when you only have 2-3 guys who are carrying the weight for scoring. Better teams will focus their attention on those few guys and, after that, we basically got nothin'. So ... as the season progresses, you might be havin' to look harder to find that silver lining.

One thing right off the bat that I'll say is that no matter how bad things go this season, the impression I get is that Tim Miles will not go into any game thinking we don't have a chance to win or that we have no business being on the same floor as whoever we're playing. That attitude -- without a supporting cast of players -- might not translate into extra wins. But it should serve us well in the long term. If we get into games where Miles isn't yelling at his players when they mess up, that would be a bad sign, IMO.

I agree with everyone that says it isn't about wins in this stretch it's about improvement.

When I was watching Kent St. run their offense in that stretch they got the big lead on us in the 2nd half, I was really impressed with the ball movement and the crispness of their cuts, and just how crisp overall they were. They had players constantly moving and all in sync, they were all in their right spot at the right time, and it just looked like a thing from my point of view in the bleachers.

That's what I hope our offense looks like by the end of the year. You can tell there is a little to much thinking with our offense right now and everybody isn't on the same page, but I hope it looks smooth and crisp by the end of the year.

Two would be great, one or none is more realistic though. I am just hoping that we see improvement. The Kent State game (despite the efforts of Ubel and Talley) was a step backwards. I know this is going to be a tough year, yet I expect that we continue to improve each and every game.

The improvement goal is quite laudable. But it won't happen each and every game, nor is it realistic that it would happen. So I would distinguish between a goal and an expectation. Even focusing on improvement vs. wins and losses, there will be some steps backward, especialy with a true freshmen point guard. But overall, general improvement I expect we will see, in our play and approach to the game, regardless of Ws and Ls.

Norm said:

One thing right off the bat that I'll say is that no matter how bad things go this season, the impression I get is that Tim Miles will not go into any game thinking we don't have a chance to win or that we have no business being on the same floor as whoever we're playing. That attitude -- without a supporting cast of players -- might not translate into extra wins. But it should serve us well in the long term.

This reminds me of Dana Altman's early years. Hang in there Huskers and just enjoy watching the players develop as the season goes on.

Was reading over on the ESPN board, and here is what one Wake fan had to say

"You should expect a very talented albeit young team with a coach who is in way over his head and should not be allowed around the college game. He has shown absolute zero ability to develop or retain talent. The Deacs have seen a sharp decline in the win-loss column since Bzdelik took over. His incompetence is second only to his arrogance. You should expect an easy victory for the Huskers unless your starting five has the flu and the bench can't find the coliseum."

First off does he know we dont even have a bench haha!

Was reading over on the ESPN board, and here is what one Wake fan had to say

"You should expect a very talented albeit young team with a coach who is in way over his head and should not be allowed around the college game. He has shown absolute zero ability to develop or retain talent. The Deacs have seen a sharp decline in the win-loss column since Bzdelik took over. His incompetence is second only to his arrogance. You should expect an easy victory for the Huskers unless your starting five has the flu and the bench can't find the coliseum."

bencht even have a bne doneFirst off does he know w...moreFirst off does he know we dont even have a bench haha!

Yikes...