Potential for ultimate gut-punch from Nebrasketball to Creighton

Omaha is hosting the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament at the Century Link Center next season.

How absolutely poetic would it be for Nebraska to get their 1st ever NCAA Tourney win in Creighton's home arena? And how much would it kill Creighton fans if Nebraska was able to make the Sweet16, while playing in Creighton's home arena? (especially considering Creighton will likely be watching the tournament on TV at home). That has the potential to be the ultimate gut-punch from Nebrasketball to Creighton, because you know that the local Omaha and Lincoln media will take full advantage of all of those potential storylines...

Just throwing that out there. Not sure if it has been discussed on this board yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we would need to be a 4 seed or higher to end up in Omaha for the tournament.

Is it a possibility if we're lower than a 4 seed...at that point is it a maybe based on who else in the area makes the tourney sort of deal?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we would need to be a 4 seed or higher to end up in Omaha for the tournament.

Is it a possibility if we're lower than a 4 seed...at that point is it a maybe based on who else in the area makes the tourney sort of deal?

KState came to Omaha as an 11 in 2008. Beat USC and O.J. Mayo. But you're probably right probably need to be a top 3 or 4 seed if they want to get to Omaha. They've got a shot, but that means they'll probably have to be a top 15 team. I'm not sold they're there yet.

It would certainly behoove Nebraska to obtain a high seed in order to improve the chances of playing in Omaha, but I'm not aware of any requirement to be a 4 seed or higher.  As an example, Baylor was a 6-seed in San Antonio this year and ended up with a virtual home game playing 3-seed Creighton. 

When asked about the apparent home court advantage for Baylor, I recall a committee member mentioning that they were only concerned about the advantage (or disadvantage) of playing near home in the opening round matchup, meaning they didn't want a higher seeded team facing a lower seeded opponent with a decided home court advantage in the opening round. 

Worst part of it is, if you aren't lucky enough to get a ticket from the UNL ticket office, you WILL be buying them from a Creighton season-ticket holder.

Why? are you worried many jayskers will be shifting their partial allegiance while wanting to go to a game in red?

Love,

Bandwagon

Y'all way to obsessed with Creighton. Just worry bout winning a damn game in the tourney for once!

GTFO, troll. We're not the ones posting on the message board of another team...

Go back to your Creighton site to talk about your mid-major newBigEast basketball team and worry about how the teams in the Big Least Conference are going to fall even further behind the big boys, now that the NCAA is going to remove financial restrictions, which will allow the power conferences to spend what they can afford to spend on athletics...

Y'all way to obsessed with Creighton. Just worry bout winning a damn game in the tourney for once!

Go back to your Creighton site to talk about your mid-major newBigEast basketball team and worry about how the teams in the Big Least Conference are going to fall even further behind the big boys, now that the NCAA is going to remove financial restrictions, which will allow the power conferences to spend what they can afford to spend on athletics...

If you're going to take the time to blast someone, make sure you do your homework.  Dude's name is "Central".  He typically posts about Central kids and has been nothing but pro-Huskers on this board.

Why is it his fault if you guys read Creighton boards and get pissed about it?  Seems like he has a pretty good point.

If you're going to take the time to blast someone, make sure you do your homework.  Dude's name is "Central".  He typically posts about Central kids and has been nothing but pro-Huskers on this board.

Why is it his fault if you guys read Creighton boards and get pissed about it?  Seems like he has a pretty good point.

I have never read a Creighton board in my life--I just read Norm! :)

(But I agree Central is just fine (as long as he isn't competing in a spelling bee))

I'm so confused...

are we supposed to embrace the rivalry now like they've always wanted us to, or are we supposed to just try to ignore the blue elephant in the room and continue to pretend they don't matter to us?  I'm afraid I'll just never understand.

Is there something in this particular thread you find confusing?  If so, elaborate.