Who do you want on the Nebrasketball 2014-2015 Schedule?

Last season we spent alot of time talking about some of the nonconference opponents that we wanted to see on Nebraska's schedule. We also talked about teams that we wanted to see in the season home opener. I realize that the 2014-2015 home opener won't be the grand opening of PBA, but I think Nebraska should still schedule a marquee matchup to fire things up from the beginning again next season. Also, Nebraska is already getting some national attention, so if they schedule a good matchup, then there is a chance for the game to be on ESPN (which has already said that Nebraska has earned more TV attention from them).

Miles also said that when he thinks the program is ready to play big time games, then he will schedule accordingly, in order to beef up the NCAA Tourney resumé. I would think that the team's performance in the 2nd half of the season (beating 2 Elite8 teams and 1 Final Four team and coming within 1 point of beating a 3rd Elite8 team) would be enough to show him that this team is ready for a bigger national stage. Especially considering basically the entire team is back next season.

I don't necessarily think that Nebraska should try to schedule teams like Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, or Kansas quite yet (although I would not have any major objection to it, I doubt those teams would go on the road to play at Nebraska...).

I would like to see at least 2-3 of the cracker-jack nonconference opponents taken off of the schedule and replaced with solid teams. I think 1 of those should be for the season home opener. Some of the teams that I think should be in the pool from which those 2-3 teams are chosen from:

-Oregon, Georgetown, Marquette, K-State, St Louis, Missouri, Witchita St, and Villanova.

What does everyone else think?

I'm hopeful that we get a marquee game in the ACC/B1G challenge, even if it's a road game. I think if we have any other high profile games, it'll come through one of the networks setting it up.

Don't we owe Miami a return game this coming year?

It doesn't work that way in the B1G/ACC challenge... it was a fluke that NU had Wake Forest in back-to-back years.

UNO on the road

For RPI reasons, this would be a great game (assuming we win). We would still have the great majority of fans so it could still have a home game feel while getting the road points.

I don't know if Transitional teams such as UNO count towards the RPI...

I do believe that Iowa played UNO and when you looked at their win total on RPI vs actual win total, the UNO game was not reflected in their record.

I think playing UNO in Omaha once they are full members is a no brainer....for RPI reasons

UNO on the road

For RPI reasons, this would be a great game (assuming we win). We would still have the great majority of fans so it could still have a home game feel while getting the road points.

I don't know if Transitional teams such as UNO count towards the RPI...

I do believe that Iowa played UNO and when you looked at their win total on RPI vs actual win total, the UNO game was not reflected in their record.

I think playing UNO in Omaha once they are full members is a no brainer....for RPI reasons

UNO already counts. They are D-1 for RPI purposes. Iowa played Abilene Christian, who is not D-1.

You know what I'd love to see them do, barnstorm for their exhibition. Go play Hastings College at the Viero Event Center in Kearney for the exhibition. I don' think they'd ever do it, but it'd be a heckuv an event and get a lot of people an opportunity to see this team that normally wouldn't.

Remember the 2007 or 2008 game against Oregon that was played in the Qwest Center in Omaha?

Whatever happened to the portable court that the Athletic Department bought and then said would be used for this exact purpose?  As far as I know, it was never used again.