Sergej Vucetic, Nathan Hawkins, and Tim Wagner Transfering

doc1394

Wow. Best of luck to these guys.

So...after Hammond and Tarin Smith come on board we have 3 more spots to fill?!?!!

Plenty of room to bring in a couple real difference makers. If Miles doesn't already have an assistant coach tied to a transfer, he should after this weekend.

Projected depth chart now is...?

PG - Webster, Parker, Smith

SG - Petteway, Webster

SF - Shields, Petteway, Fuller

PF - Smith, Rivers, Fuller

C - Pitchford, Hammond

Pitchford as a C and Smith as a SF? Do we have another Smith on the roster that plays the PG that I'm not aware of?

This would be my projected depth chart:

PG - Webster, Parker

SG - Petteway, Webster

PF - Pitchford, Rivers, Fuller

C - Smith,Pitchford, Hammond

Not surprised by any of this.  Sergej wasn't developing and likely wasn't going to play.  Wagner came hoping to get a chance to carve a niche into the team but that bad ankle facture set him back and he'll likely try at a lower level.

Unlike most, I'm not surprised by Hawkins.  Don't like seeing a lot of roster turnover and wish him luck.  But I was never really impressed with him.  Yeah he hit a big three vs Ohio State (I think that was the game) but he looked out of place in my opinion.  But I never saw somebody that would challenge to start.  Best of luck to him.

SG - Petteway, Webster

C - Pitchford, Hammond

Pitchford as a C and Smith as a SF? Do we have another Smith on the roster that plays the PG that I'm not aware of?

PG - Webster, Parker

SG - Petteway, Webster

We will next year, yes.

SG - Petteway, Webster

C - Pitchford, Hammond

PG - Webster, Parker

SG - Petteway, Webster

The extra "Smith" is Tarin Smith the PG out of NJ who committed after the Wisconsin game.

Hawkins' father (@CoachRobHawkins) tweeted during the NCAA game against Baylor a few remarks about Nate not playing and alluding to Nate being a good match up against the Baylor zone.  I wonder if playing time was an issue with Nate.

Miles specifically mentioned carving out bigger roles at new schools for the three players' departure.

Hawkins' father (@CoachRobHawkins) tweeted during the NCAA game against Baylor a few remarks about Nate not playing and alluding to Nate being a good match up against the Baylor zone.  I wonder if playing time was an issue with Nate.

There was also a tweet Hawkins replied to eluding that he wasn't going to play vs Baylor

There was also a tweet Hawkins replied to eluding that he wasn't going to play vs Baylor

That would seem to indicate that the writing was on the wall several weeks ago.

I think this comes from his tweet around Christmas about decisions he had to make. Then some knew his girlfriend is at ATM (I think) and then he friended or started following some different coaches from Texas around then. So maybe no hard facts, but...

I am always sorry to see somebody leave, but having done it during my college football playing days I understand. for me it was the best thing I ever did, hope,it,works out for these guys too.