Sergej??

Something I was wondering would be if maybe a certain Serbian center were to transfer down to USD, where he can redshirt and have two years to play at a lower level and open a spot for someone else for NU this cycle or next.  Just something I was thinking about as a win win opportunity for both schools.

On the rivals board, their is a discussion saying it has been confirmed that Sergej is leaving?? Idk if it was april fools or not but 15 other posters all discussed where he would go, what we would do with the free schools with no april fools discussion? I haven't read it anywhere else.. any insight?

On the rivals board, their is a discussion saying it has been confirmed that Sergej is leaving??

It's completely possible that they found that information here last week.  Message boards!

What we all know is that SV hasn't played a meaningful minute his entire career at Nebraska and potentially never will.  He'll sit down with Miles, like every single player will and does, and they'll go over roles and expectations for next year. Given his lack of playing time it would be the least shocking transfer of any scholarship player.  He also might be on the cusp of starting next year.

It's this lack of shock that makes it easy for guys to turn "I think SV might transfer" into "I hear SV might transfer".

BTW, nothing is officially official until you see it come from the University.

When something does happen that eventually will be official, you'll see tweets from Rosenthal and Washut followed by those tweets being posted on here 5 seconds later. If you're a person who hears something directly, be smart about posting it.

I heard a rumor that one of the people from the far right concession stand on the top floor at the PBA might be transferring to the middle one on the 2nd floor.  Not sure when the LJS will be confirming this....hopefully before the start of the next season.

nooooooooooooooooooo, they were my favorite worker. Always just the right amount of ice, and no foam on my Diet Pepsi. I'm crushed.

I heard a rumor that one of the people from the far right concession stand on the top floor at the PBA might be transferring to the middle one on the 2nd floor.  Not sure when the LJS will be confirming this....hopefully before the start of the next season.

nooooooooooooooooooo, they were my favorite worker. Always just the right amount of ice, and no foam on my Diet Pepsi. I'm crushed.

I hear they're replacing him with a real up and comer...big hotshot from the east coast.  Lots of arenas were recruiting him but we got him.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with your Diet Pepsis next year.

I heard they weren't being given enough pouring time at that stand and wanted more time to pour.  The stand on the second floor might give them a few seconds more time.

I'm sure no matter what the true story is that Ricky will be all over it and probably blame it all on Bo.

I heard a rumor that one of the people from the far right concession stand on the top floor at the PBA might be transferring to the middle one on the 2nd floor. Not sure when the LJS will be confirming this....hopefully before the start of the next season.

I hear they're replacing him with a real up and comer...big hotshot from the east coast. Lots of arenas were recruiting him but we got him. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with your Diet Pepsis next year.

Hopefully he can adapt to the fast paced Big Ten style of concessions that PBA is trying to implement this year.

Always have to have that APR thing in the back of your mind whenever you talk about players possibly leaving.  If a player left with Craig Smith and transferred to USD and got his degree, it would be better for our APR than if that same player decided to go play some level of pro ball in Europe, true?

This is a good point - Coach mentioned on his TV show that NU was a perfect 1000 the previous year, but said (paraphrasing) "we've had some attrition" for this season. Hopefully Biggs has been completing his work in the classroom to keep the APR up, but it was kind of a cryptic comment from Coach Miles - almost made it sound like NU wouldn't be at 1000 this season. Has BIggs' name appeared on any of the "graduate transfer" lists yet?

Serj is certainly a very good student, as he's academic all B1G, so hopefully he would much rather stay in school (wherever that is) and get a degree vs trying to play professionally someplace.

Always have to have that APR thing in the back of your mind whenever you talk about players possibly leaving.  If a player left with Craig Smith and transferred to USD and got his degree, it would be better for our APR than if that same player decided to go play some level of pro ball in Europe, true?

For APR purposes, as long as a student athlete leaves in good academic standing, playing pro ball in Europe is the same as if a student athlete went to the NBA. Either way, we wouldn't have to worry about taking a hit if Serj decided to move on.

Always have to have that APR thing in the back of your mind whenever you talk about players possibly leaving. If a player left with Craig Smith and transferred to USD and got his degree, it would be better for our APR than if that same player decided to go play some level of pro ball in Europe, true?

For APR purposes, as long as a student athlete leaves in good academic standing, playing pro ball in Europe is the same as if a student athlete went to the NBA. Either way, we wouldn't have to worry about taking a hit if Serj decided to move on.

So it's only if they go on and try more schooling that it matters that they graduate? So if a kid can't hack it, you'd rather them drop out and start a career at McDonalds than risk going for more school? I only ask because I don't know and I thought it mattered if the kids transferring out of your program went on to get their degree.

Always have to have that APR thing in the back of your mind whenever you talk about players possibly leaving. If a player left with Craig Smith and transferred to USD and got his degree, it would be better for our APR than if that same player decided to go play some level of pro ball in Europe, true?

So it's only if they go on and try more schooling that it matters that they graduate? So if a kid can't hack it, you'd rather them drop out and start a career at McDonalds than risk going for more school? I only ask because I don't know and I thought it mattered if the kids transferring out of your program went on to get their degree.

You are correct. It does matter. Transfers do not negatively impact your APR as long as they remain in good academic standing at their new institution (and either eventually graduate or pursue a professional basketball career). It's important to note that they must remain in good academic standing. A kid who drops out of school to pursue anything other than a professional basketball career will negatively impact your APR score.

On the rivals board, their is a discussion saying it has been confirmed that Sergej is leaving??

It's completely possible that they found that information here last week.  Message boards!

What we all know is that SV hasn't played a meaningful minute his entire career at Nebraska and potentially never will.  He'll sit down with Miles, like every single player will and does, and they'll go over roles and expectations for next year. Given his lack of playing time it would be the least shocking transfer of any scholarship player.  He also might be on the cusp of starting next year.

It's this lack of shock that makes it easy for guys to turn "I think SV might transfer" into "I hear SV might transfer".

BTW, nothing is officially official until you see it come from the University.

When something does happen that eventually will be official, you'll see tweets from Rosenthal and Washut followed by those tweets being posted on here 5 seconds later. If you're a person who hears something directly, be smart about posting it.

sooooo.....

I guess it's official now?