Happy thoughts

Both UConns in the final 4 (assuming Conn wins tonight.) 

Without looking, I'm wondering how many other schools' men's and women's teams both made the dance.  My wild guess would be maybe less than 20?  That would be pretty good company, no?

Here's the list: Nebraska, Baylor, UConn, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Duke, Syracuse, St.Joe's, NC State and Kentucky. 10 total.

Without looking, I'm wondering how many other schools' men's and women's teams both made the dance.  My wild guess would be maybe less than 20?  That would be pretty good company, no?

Here's the list: Nebraska, Baylor, UConn, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Duke, Syracuse, St.Joe's, NC State and Kentucky. 10 total.

You're missing quite a few...Louisville, Florida, Iowa, Iowa St., Texas, Dayton, UNC, Stanford, Michigan St., Tennessee, Arizona St., Wichita St., Gonzaga,

You're missing quite a few...Louisville, Florida, Iowa, Iowa St., Texas, Dayton, UNC, Stanford, Michigan St., Tennessee, Arizona St., Wichita St., Gonzaga,

So, 23 and my wild guess was 20. Not a bad guess.  And not bad company.  And one  of only 3 B1G schools to accomplish that feat this season.

Both uconns won it the same year a while back. I think. :)

Emeka okafor and Diana Taurasi were the stars. SI did a double sided championship edition because of it. Very rare that's for sure.

Did UConn also win both men's and women's championships in 1999? Richard Hamilton, Khalid El-Amin...Not sure about the women's team. I thought both finals were UConn vs Duke. Is memory serving me right here?

Emeka okafor and Diana Taurasi were the stars. SI did a double sided championship edition because of it. Very rare that's for sure.

Did UConn also win both men's and women's championships in 1999? Richard Hamilton, Khalid El-Amin...Not sure about the women's team. I thought both finals were UConn vs Duke. Is memory serving me right here?

I believe the okafor and taurasi year is the first year that has ever happened. That's why it was such a big deal that year.

The men won in 99 but the women had a "down year" by not making the Final Four.  They did manage to win the 2000 championship though.

Much is made of our " 0'fer" in the tournament and breaking the proverbial seal. I'm of the opinion that we'll make a Sweet 16 or even an Elite 8 run, rather than just winning "a" game. We're certainly as talented as those Butler or VCU teams that went on their recent runs. I also have faith Miles will strike gold with one of 3 remaining scholarships... 

Much is made of our " 0'fer" in the tournament and breaking the proverbial seal. I'm of the opinion that we'll make a Sweet 16 or even an Elite 8 run, rather than just winning "a" game. We're certainly as talented as those Butler or VCU teams that went on their recent runs. I also have faith Miles will strike gold with one of 3 remaining scholarships... 

Okay, so it took Kevin Ollie 2 years to go 6-0 in the tournament... That kind of overshadow's Miles' accomplishment of going 6-0 in 2015, but I'm okay with that.