Akoy Agau

He really made a bad decision bc right now he would be without a doubt starter right now for Nebraska. The line up would be:

Pg. Webster

Sg: Shavon Shields

Sf: Terran Petteway

Pf: Walter Pitchford

C: Akoy Agau

He's on a team playing to go to the Elite 8. Dunno if I'd say he made a bad decision.

Depends on how you look at it... It's not like he is a huge contributor and plays a ton of minutes like he probably would have here...

He really made a bad decision bc right now he would be without a doubt starter right now for Nebraska. The line up would be:

Pg. Webster

He's on a team playing to go to the Elite 8. Dunno if I'd say he made a bad decision.
Depends on how you look at it... It's not like he is a huge contributor and plays a ton of minutes like he probably would have here...

You're exactly right - it depends on you're perspective. But you can't say that HE made a really bad decision... It is very likely that his perspective was wanting to play for a championship. Obviously he had to know that playing time would be easier had here.

Pg. Webster

You're exactly right - it depends on you're perspective. But you can't say that HE made a really bad decision... It is very likely that his perspective was wanting to play for a championship. Obviously he had to know that playing time would be easier had here.

Nate Hawkins played 116 minutes here.

He probably would have had a ton more minutes North Texas.  How was his decision making?

Is there any truth to the rumor that Miles told Agau that NU is not a backup option if things didn't work out at Louisville? I would find that hard to believe.

Also, if Agau did transfer here, would he be eligible immediately or would he still have to sit out a year?

I believe if Agau would transfer to any school, it would be next year. Agau knew he wouldn't be getting minutes this year when he committed to Louisville, but next year will be a different story, IMO. If he doesn't get much more playing time next year, Agau might be willing to move on.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Miles told Agau that NU is not a backup option if things didn't work out at Louisville? I would find that hard to believe.

Also, if Agau did transfer here, would he be eligible immediately or would he still have to sit out a year?

I believe if Agau would transfer to any school, it would be next year. Agau knew he wouldn't be getting minutes this year when he committed to Louisville, but next year will be a different story, IMO. If he doesn't get much more playing time next year, Agau might be willing to move on.

If it were Agau's choice. Sometimes elite coaches and schools push kids out. Not saying that's the case here, but it wouldn't be a huge surprise either.

I've heard Agau could end up at UMKC (former Louisville coach who recruited him to UL is now head coach there) or UNC Wilmington (where another Louisville assistant just became head coach). And that this could very well happen after this season.

I get that these have Louisville guys but these aren't exactly basketball powerhouses.  This would be somewhat shocking.

We may entertain adding a fifth-year guy, but we don't plan on anyone else leaving.

Akoy Agau has very great talent, and you don't get to see because you're not at practice. His thing was he was so intimidated every single day at practice by Montrezl Harrell. He's going to really blossom if Montrezl leaves. If Montrezl stays, he's probably going to commit suicide. - Rick Pitino

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2014/3/31/5567636/rick-pitino-wraps-up-2013-14-season-looks-ahead-to-2014-15

We may entertain adding a fifth-year guy, but we don't plan on anyone else leaving.

Akoy Agau has very great talent, and you don't get to see because you're not at practice. His thing was he was so intimidated every single day at practice by Montrezl Harrell. He's going to really blossom if Montrezl leaves. If Montrezl stays, he's probably going to commit suicide. - Rick Pitino

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2014/3/31/5567636/rick-pitino-wraps-up-2013-14-season-looks-ahead-to-2014-15

Kind of reminds me of the " we are behind ________" quote we get right before they fire a coach.:)

It's rare you can jump from one Div 1 school to other without sitting a year.

Yep, it is.  About the only way he could do it is with some sort of hardship waiver.  I know that guys have transferred closer to home due to a family member being sick or ill.   They would have to apply to the NCAA for a waiver.