Akoy Agau

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Injury slowed him up in preseason and now does not appear to be in Louisville's rotation.  We still have that one open scholly, just throwing that out there.  

Is he still slowed by the hernia injury from July...or something new?

Yes, it's the hernia injury that he was slow coming back from.  I know Harrell will most likely be gone to the pro's after this season, but Louisville is stacked in the front court.  I just don't see it happening for Akoy out there.

Now the question is if Nebraska would still be interested and if he has developed enough or still has enough potential to be a B1G level player?

Injury slowed him up in preseason and now does not appear to be in Louisville's rotation.  We still have that one open scholly, just throwing that out there.  

Is he still slowed by the hernia injury from July...or something new?

Yes, it's the hernia injury that he was slow coming back from.  I know Harrell will most likely be gone to the pro's after this season, but Louisville is stacked in the front court.  I just don't see it happening for Akoy out there.

Now the question is if Nebraska would still be interested and if he has developed enough or still has enough potential to be a B1G level player?

Think we have been told a couple times that the answer is no.

Why do people still have a hardon for this kid?

Well, part of it is definitely the fact that our team is lacking on quality big men this year. It's a natural thought process to wonder about Agau.
I guess I'm not natural; i haven't wondered about him playing here since he signed with Louisville.

Well, part of it is definitely the fact that our team is lacking on quality big men this year. It's a natural thought process to wonder about Agau.

Is Agau really considered a "big"? I don't view Agau as any more than a small forward and don't think he would provide our team with anything more than David Rivers brings to the table. That's not a knock on Rivers, it's just that some seem to believe that Agau is this difference maker type player. Sure, he might be nice to have on the roster, but I don't think it would be a slam dunk that he'd see the floor in a starter's minutes role for this team we have now.

Well, part of it is definitely the fact that our team is lacking on quality big men this year. It's a natural thought process to wonder about Agau.

Is Agau really considered a "big"? I don't view Agau as any more than a small forward and don't think he would provide our team with anything more than David Rivers brings to the table. That's not a knock on Rivers, it's just that some seem to believe that Agau is this difference maker type player. Sure, he might be nice to have on the roster, but I don't think it would be a slam dunk that he'd see the floor in a starter's minutes role for this team we have now.

He most certainly is a big.  6'8 with a huge wing span.  Would most likely be a 4 but could also play the 5 with a smaller lineup.  

• 3 years later...
8 hours ago, DOATHLON said:

4 schools in 4 years.......exactly what I thought he was in HS. SCURGE of AAU culture. 

Actually, 3 schools in 6 years, since he's going back to where he started out at.  Which, I suppose, is unique, but he could also have become the first player to ever letter at four different Division 1 schools if he'd gone somewhere else.