"No-Sit Gameday" 2014-2015 Season

I think the campaign should be started now for a "No-Sit Gameday" for the Nebraska vs Creighton game at PBA next season. It is time for Nebraska to re-conquer this state on the basketball court and establish themselves as the only show in the state. With what each team has returning to their rosters, it looks like Nebraska is poised to do that in dramatic fashion.

I'm not saying that I think Nebraska will be able to replicate that atmosphere for every home game at PBA, but I think they should promote the "No-Sit Gameday" 2 times each season. 1 game in the non-conference and then 1 game towards the end of the season in conference play. Preferably a top10-top15 opponent, because it will be a game that is naturally a pretty electric atmosphere.

I think the campaign should be started now for a "No-Sit Gameday" for the Nebraska vs Creighton game at PBA next season. It is time for Nebraska to re-conquer this state on the basketball court and establish themselves as the only show in the state. With what each team has returning to their rosters, it looks like Nebraska is poised to do that in dramatic fashion.

I'm not saying that I think Nebraska will be able to replicate that atmosphere for every home game at PBA, but I think they should promote the "No-Sit Gameday" 2 times each season. 1 game in the non-conference and then 1 game towards the end of the season in conference play. Preferably a top10-top15 opponent, because it will be a game that is naturally a pretty electric atmosphere.

Don't give Creighton the satisfaction. Just beat them by 20 plus.

The only thing I suggest for the Cr8ton game next year is a red out.  Don't give/sell your tickets to a Cr8ton fan, don't take your Cr8ton friend to the game.  I've been to a few of the Cr8ton games (and Iowa State, and Kansas games, btw) and it always made me sad to see so many of the opposition fans in attendance.  I mean, its the Vault right?  Let's play some lock down defense and lock out the oppositions fans.

Unless every game is "No Sit Day," I don't feel comfortable singling out a 100+ RPI team and consider it a marquee game.

In fact... I don't even know why we play them. Does Kansas feel compelled to play Wichita State every year? (Blue birds.... NO. I did not compare us to Kansas, I am simply stating in-state comparisons with out of conference teams).

Unless every game is "No Sit Day," I don't feel comfortable singling out a 100+ RPI team and consider it a marquee game.

In fact... I don't even know why we play them. Does Kansas feel compelled to play Wichita State every year? (Blue birds.... NO. I did not compare us to Kansas, I am simply stating in-state comparisons with out of conference teams).

And, here I thought you were comparing the Huskers to the Shockers? ;)

Well, for the love of the gods, don't suggest we stop this series now that our long ebb has turned into a promising flow...I plan on enjoying the next couple of jay games...A LOT!

What is the point of paying for a seat if one is expected to stand for the whole game? If that is going to be the case for most games, why have seats at all? The planks at Memorial have to be the most uncomfortable seats possible but I don't see anyone suggesting that fans stand throughout the entire game.

What is the point of paying for a seat if one is expected to stand for the whole game? If that is going to be the case for most games, why have seats at all? The planks at Memorial have to be the most uncomfortable seats possible but I don't see anyone suggesting that fans stand throughout the entire game.

No one is expected to stand. But if you don't, you may not be able to see. Kind of like paying for a seat but running the risk of sitting behind Dave Hoppen.

No one is expected to stand. But if you don't, you may not be able to see. Kind of like paying for a seat but running the risk of sitting behind Dave Hoppen.

lol..I know the people behind me next season better be ready to either be standing with me or looking at my back side. I plan on standing.  If they make the comment that they paid for their seats so have a right to see the game...I will just say I paid for mine too so I have just as much a right to stand and sit when I chose.

lol..I know the people behind me next season better be ready to either be standing with me or looking at my back side. I plan on standing. If they make the comment that they paid for their seats so have a right to see the game...I will just say I paid for mine too so I have just as much a right to stand and sit when I chose.
+1.

lol..I know the people behind me next season better be ready to either be standing with me or looking at my back side. I plan on standing.  If they make the comment that they paid for their seats so have a right to see the game...I will just say I paid for mine too so I have just as much a right to stand and sit when I chose.

Good luck with the ushers, and then the police, if you insist on that every game, all game, all season.

lol..I know the people behind me next season better be ready to either be standing with me or looking at my back side. I plan on standing. If they make the comment that they paid for their seats so have a right to see the game...I will just say I paid for mine too so I have just as much a right to stand and sit when I chose.

Good luck with the ushers, and then the police, if you insist on that every game, all game, all season.

If it becomes an issue where ushers and police are involved, then Nebraska fans still don't get it...

If it becomes an issue where ushers and police are involved, then Nebraska fans still don't get it...

I really doubt that the police are going to come to a basketball game just to make someone site down. I mean if I was tossing garbage...or yelling obscenities....but I hardly doubt that anyone is going to kick someone out for standing. I'll wait until they said the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard and the Salvation Army. 

I really doubt that the police are going to come to a basketball game just to make someone site down. I mean if I was tossing garbage...or yelling obscenities....but I hardly doubt that anyone is going to kick someone out for standing. I'll wait until they said the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard and the Salvation Army.

Haha. I was thinking the same thing.

This is always a tricky subject for me. I LOVE the passion and atmosphere that our great fans have created at PBA! Also I am a guy in my early 30's and don't feel like acting like a college student anymore. While I love going to the games with a crazy atmosphere, I go first and foremost because I am a diehard basketball fan and love watching basketball played at the highest level. I don't go to "be seen" or to socialize, or to yell at the refs. Its all about enjoying the product on the floor and supporting our Huskers. Heck, I'd pay to watch the teams play each other in an empty gym. (sometimes felt like that at Devaney. LOL!) If the place is rocking, I'm all about joining in, but there is nothing more annoying than "guy who stands the whole time when everyone else is sitting". Totally lack of self awareness and common courtesy. 

I love the enthusiasm but disagree. First, some things just happen but can't be manufactured. There were reasons why Wisconsin worked as a "No-Sit" game. Our team was playing well. We were playing for a spot in the Dance. A high seed in the B1G tournament was at stake. Wisconsin was a top of the line team coming in. It was the final home game of the season. We were protecting a stellar home court record. And, finally, the game itself was a great game that kept people standing. All of these things and more fed this marvelous, serendipitous moment that would be impossible to recreate without similar forces coming to bear.

Second, while Creighton probably deserves a little more notice than we were giving it, it still is NOT a conference or historic foe. IMO we should not build this game up MORE than it deserves. It is an important game but it is JUST a game.