Craig Smith to South Dakota

The Coach

I'm happy for coach Smith, because he deserved this, but he was a big part of our success. I'm sure we'll replace him with a really good coach, but you can't replace the years those two have had together in the trenches. Smith had strong Southwest recruiting connections. It will be interesting to see what type of recruiting background his replacement has.

I bet we move Harriman up to assistant head coach or whatever is 2nd in line. This just means its time for Kenya to step up a bit on the recruiting front and reel some guys in. I think Smith got Fuller, Hawkins, and Tarin. Harriman got Tai and Pinder. 

Need to grab a guy with connections. 

Any chance at all we pick up Coleman again? This time as an assistant coach with recruiting power? Would probably help get Morrow. 

I really thought this was a concern for next year, maybe not this one. I didn't realize the USD job was open or I would have been concerned.

USD fired Joey James, a former Bellevue West standout. He was their interim coach. Small world.

Joey James...had not heard that name in years.

I coached the reserve squad at Bellevue west when Joey was a senior...

I really thought this was a concern for next year, maybe not this one. I didn't realize the USD job was open or I would have been concerned.

USD fired Joey James, a former Bellevue West standout. He was their interim coach. Small world.

Interesting. I'm a BW grad myself.

wow, there's a lot of us around here. Inaugural full class of '80, here. I'm the guy who picked your school song....:)

wow, there's a lot of us around here. Inaugural full class of '80, here. I'm the guy who picked your school song.... :)

Ha! That's awesome.