Origin of the word Nebrasketball

hhcmatt

Idk I have been saying it since the 90s.

I would wonder which came first

NeeBrasketball or

Nebrasketball

I think it started wtih them using Neebrasketball - and then it got shortened when Danny was not here anymore.   I would credit Nick Joos who was the director of basketball operation when Danny was here.  Nick use the Neebraska or Neebrasketball for promotional things back then.   The annual golf fundraiser was the Neebraska Classic.

I don't recollect (that's a word some of us old guys use a lot) Nebrasketball ever being used before NeeBrasketball. I think it was created while Danny was here and then altered when he departed. But sliding into senility cannot make a person .... what were we talking about?

NEEbrasketball was definitely 1st before Nebrasketball... twitter has made #Nebrasketball a phenomena!

Was it 

NeeBRasketball or

NeeBasketball ?

Neebraska led to Neebrasketball in the early 90's...

That's how I remember it.

I wanna say there were baseball caps printed with "Neebraska" on them.  That's the genesis.

NEEbrasketball was definitely 1st before Nebrasketball... twitter has made #Nebrasketball a phenomena!

Was it 

NeeBRasketball or

NeeBasketball ?

Could be right about that but I don't ever remember NEEbraska. Was that an actual promo effort or just informal chatter that grew into NEEbrasketball? It would be nice to fill in that bit of history.

Was it 

NeeBRasketball or

NeeBasketball ?

That's how I remember it.

I wanna say there were baseball caps printed with "Neebraska" on them.  That's the genesis.

That's what I remember as well...I think my dad may have had one of those hats.

I have a t-shirt that was given out to students leaving a game in the early-mid 90s when I was a student that has Nebrasketball in white letters on a red shirt. Still have it and still wear it with pride. I am sure it was in the Nee years. I have CRS syndrome, but believe the Nee and the Ne spellings were used around the same time.

NeeBrasketball or

Nebrasketball

I think it started wtih them using Neebrasketball - and then it got shortened when Danny was not here anymore.   I would credit Nick Joos who was the director of basketball operation when Danny was here.  Nick use the Neebraska or Neebrasketball for promotional things back then.   The annual golf fundraiser was the Neebraska Classic.

Certainly a promotional thing.  I remember seeing it on billboards to buy season tickets.  Not sure of the year(s).

I wonder if the association with Danny Nee has been why the University hasn't embraced it until lately.

NeeBrasketball or

Nebrasketball

Certainly a promotional thing.  I remember seeing it on billboards to buy season tickets.  Not sure of the year(s).

I wonder if the association with Danny Nee has been why the University hasn't embraced it until lately.

Or because the University didn't embrace anything to do with the basketball program for about 15 years.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/article_19c96231-9bd8-5dd1-aad5-4c187aa20b01.html

1996 marketing campaign.

Also, someone needs to submit a better version to urbandictionary of the word "Nebrasketball"

Whatever has definition has the best cumulative positive votes ends up being the #1 listing

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/article_19c96231-9bd8-5dd1-aad5-4c187aa20b01.html

1996 marketing campaign.

Also, someone needs to submit a better version to urbandictionary of the word "Nebrasketball"

Whatever has definition has the best cumulative positive votes ends up being the #1 listing

It's a nice piece, too bad it lacked the story dating back to Neebrasketball... I think there's now a follow-up storyline if/when ya dig a lil' deeper. :)