19.0: Rivers

17.3: Smith

14.6: Parker

08.2: Hawkins

04.9: Peltz

02.3: Vucetic

02.0: Kurkowski

01.7: Menke

My first thoughts are I wish Parker would get more of Webster's minutes and I still don't understand why Vucetic has not redshirted since he arrived. He has played a total of 34 minutes in his two seasons. Might has well redshirted him and used Kurkowski (based on the similarity of their playing time). Thoughts?

32.3: Shields

31.7: Petteway

28.1: Gallegos

23.5: Webster

22.7: Pitchford

My first thoughts are I wish Parker would get more of Webster's minutes and I still don't understand why Vucetic has not redshirted since he arrived. He has played a total of 34 minutes in his two seasons. Might has well redshirted him and used Kurkowski (based on the similarity of their playing time). Thoughts?

Those minutes for Vucetic are garbage minutes. IMO the staff thinks he is not a D-1 player so no need to redshirt him if he's never gonna play. Parker's minutes started out pretty low but I would like to see his minutes vs. Websters the last 10 or so games.

Vucetic isn't good enough to waste 5 scholarship seasons on. At least that's how I read it. The sooner he's gone, IMO, the better for our program. 

Sorry for being so pessimistic, but it's late in Year 2, and he's still nowhere near being a guy we can count on to at least absorb fouls during a game.

As others have stated Vucetic is not a B1G player. As for Benny getting Tais minutes he definitely is. You cannot look at total season minutes when there were games Benny got 6 minutes or less earlier in the season. If you looked at the last 10 games I would suspect their minutes would be even.

As others have stated Vucetic is not a B1G player. As for Benny getting Tais minutes he definitely is. You cannot look at total season minutes when there were games Benny got 6 minutes or less earlier in the season. If you looked at the last 10 games I would suspect their minutes would be even.

Excellent point regarding the minutes between Webster/Parker. I went back to the last 9 games (where Benny's increased). Over the last 9 games Parker is averaging 21.6 minutes to Webster's 15.9 (includes the 9 min he played vs. Wisconsin).

Webster easily is the most disappointing player on the team. He literally has brought next to nothing to the squad over the past 10 games. 

I drank the Kool-Aid in the offseason (Thanks, Fran Fraschilla!), and got my expectations way too high. Even with my diminished expectations it's difficult to find anything positive about Webster other than he's gotten some good experience as a freshman. 

I hope he lives in the gym this offseason, because he needs to learn to shoot. Watching him dribble up court and then pass the ball around the top of the key is getting boring.

Webster easily is the most disappointing player on the team. He literally has brought next to nothing to the squad over the past 10 games.

I drank the Kool-Aid in the offseason (Thanks, Fran Fraschilla!), and got my expectations way too high. Even with my diminished expectations it's difficult to find anything positive about Webster other than he's gotten some good experience as a freshman.

I hope he lives in the gym this offseason, because he needs to learn to shoot. Watching him dribble up court and then pass the ball around the top of the key is getting boring.

And he needs more help than just shooting. His ball handling is lack luster also. Hopefully he makes a big jump next year but I believe his talent level is worse than what we were lead to believe. Looking back I can't believe we were worried he may leave early for the nba. I think he can end up a decent player, but it may be a few years away.

And he needs more help than just shooting. His ball handling is lack luster also. Hopefully he makes a big jump next year but I believe his talent level is worse than what we were lead to believe. Looking back I can't believe we were worried he may leave early for the nba. I think he can end up a decent player, but it may be a few years away.

I keep telling myself that I wrote off Parker last season...

I see raw talent in Webster, and fans seem especially hard on him due to the amount of hype he came in with.  First of all, he's not even 19 years old yet. And second, I think a lot of people underestimate the challenge of playing basketball in the US after only playing internationally.  I think Dirk, the Gasols, Ginobli, etc. have shown that patience can be richly rewarded when dealing with overseas players.  And Tai doesn't need to be NBA all-star good for us.  I'd be thrilled with 3rd team all B1G

Also remember Terran averaged 3 points a game as a freshman and Walter Pitchford was only good enough to play like 20+ minutes total his first year. We all heard last year those two on the scout team were the best players on the team. They are showing it this year. shavon and Benny have made jumps this year as well. I think Tai can make a big jump for next year assuming he sticks around this summer to make the transformation.

tai has the physical package to be good, but he's going to be a bit of a project. he needs work almost everywhere, but he also has upside almost everywhere, too. It'll be a test of this staff's ability to develop talent to see how it goes with him. I expect him to takea sizable step forward next season, although the bar is admittedly low for that right now.

Like has been previously stated Tai needs to stick around during the summer. I honestly believe this staffs greatest strength is player development. You see it in every player that has been in the program the past two years. I'm not saying he will ever be all Big 10, but I really do believe he is going to be a very solid guard in the conference for years to come. 

I keep telling myself that I wrote off Parker last season...

Exactly.  He's playing while Hawkins isn't and Fuller is redshirting.

Every year we as fans seem to pick out the whipping boy for the team. This years seems to be Tai. Last year it was Benny, year before it was Rivers.

Often times these players get stronger as they get older. Not always, because we can make a large list of guys Doc had.

What I guess I'm saying is give it time, they might grow and then we feel dumb for making all the comments about them.

I predict next years guy will be either Hammons or Leslee.:)

I just want Fuller, Hawkins, and Webster training with Petteway all summer.  Heck I want the whole team there with him, but I'll start with those 3 because they've got the potential for the biggest leaps forward.  I'd put decent odds on all 3 of them making at least decent progress if they do that one... simple.. thing....

is that too much to ask?

I guess I don't get why you'd bash Webster at this point.

Really? He's been terrible this season. The best thing we can say about him is that he's getting quality minutes. What's worse is that he's regressing as the season goes on.

That's not to say that he can't or won't become a good player, but he's shown next to nothing this season. That's utterly disappointing.