Does a play in game count

BadBrad

Absolutely not! It's a "play-in" game. You "play" to get "in" to the tournament.

Even though they call it the 1st round now, everyone knows that the round of 64 is the real 1st round.

Just like the media has changed the terminology for Division 1AA / FCS and mid-major... They can call it whatever they want, but everyone knows what it really is.

And the embarrassing thing is that Nebraska's Athletic department would promote/celebrate a play-in game win, like it is an actual tournament win. Just like they celebrated "Big 12 North Champs". That was a joke...

Do you have any idea how much shit Creighton/Kansas/KState/Iowa/etc fans will talk, if the 1st "tourney" win that Nebraska celebrates isn't actually in the tourney, but in a play-in game. That will be brutal...

GTFO with that garbage. If a 1 seed can count a win over directional state college tech then a win over a BCS school that would also beat directional state should count just the same.
An opinion isn't garbage just because its different than yours. So why don't you GTFO...

You have your opinion and I have mine.

Well considering the NCAA COUNTS it as a tournament win that means your opinion is in fact wrong. I mean if you enjoy being wrong then go for it. I prefer being right.

Absolutely not! It's a "play-in" game. You "play" to get "in" to the tournament.

Even though they call it the 1st round now, everyone knows that the round of 64 is the real 1st round.

Just like the media has changed the terminology for Division 1AA / FCS and mid-major... They can call it whatever they want, but everyone knows what it really is.

And the embarrassing thing is that Nebraska's Athletic department would promote/celebrate a play-in game win, like it is an actual tournament win. Just like they celebrated "Big 12 North Champs". That was a joke...

Do you have any idea how much shit Creighton/Kansas/KState/Iowa/etc fans will talk, if the 1st "tourney" win that Nebraska celebrates isn't actually in the tourney, but in a play-in game. That will be brutal...

GTFO with that garbage. If a 1 seed can count a win over directional state college tech then a win over a BCS school that would also beat directional state should count just the same.
An opinion isn't garbage just because its different than yours. So why don't you GTFO...

You have your opinion and I have mine.

Well considering the NCAA COUNTS it as a tournament win that means your opinion is in fact wrong. I mean if you enjoy being wrong then go for it. I prefer being right.
If there is no debate, then there would be point to have this thread.

I didn't interpret the topic to mean "Technically, according to the NCAA, does a play-in game count"...If that is the question, then there is no room for debate here. My understanding of the original post was something more along the lines of "Would it feel like there is an asterisk next to Nebraska's 1st ever NCAA Tourney win, if it came in a play-in game."

So, I responded with my opinion...

Who cares what they think....would they talk more shit with that win...or us in the NIT?

He'll yeah I'll take it, then we'd just have win the next one to win more games in row in the tourney than Creighton ever has. For all the shit talking they do they've NEVER won their second game in either the NCAAs or the NIT. Fun fact.

They would be as wrong as you are on the subject if they want to talk. 

And it is absolutely absurd to call it a play in game. If it were a true play in game then the teams playing in it would not be 11 and 12 seeds. It would be all the worst teams.

It's not "absolutely absurd"... Most refer to it as what it is, which is a play-in game.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/03/09/usa-today-sports-ncaa-tournament-bracketology/6228743/

When they display the "These BCS schools have not won a NCAA tourney game" stat they cannot put Nebraska on there if they win on Tuesday or any other day in the NCAA tourney.  It counts....it's not a debatable thing.

You guys are arguing over how much you value a win for a Tuesday game in Dayton should we end up there. 

When they display the "These BCS schools have not won a NCAA tourney game" stat they cannot put Nebraska on there if they win on Tuesday or any other day in the NCAA tourney. It counts....it's not a debatable thing.

You guys are arguing over how much you value a win for a Tuesday game in Dayton should we end up there.

I agree. And that is what I perceived the point of this thread to be. I basically said the same thing in a previous post.