Our Path to the Dance

GoBigRed

There are likely 22 one-bid leagues, leaving 46 other spots.

The only teams left in these one-bid leagues with a *chance* at an at-large are Toledo (MAC), Southern Miss (CUSA), La. Tech (CUSA). Root like hell for these teams to win the league (although our resume stacks up just fine with all of them). Let's say Toledo and Southern Miss win their leagues.

Of those 46 spots left, they will be eaten up by 10 conferences. Let's just hope the 10 conference champions are teams already locked in to the field. These are the teams in the 10 conferences that could still throw a wrench into things:

American - Houston

Atlantic 10 - St. Bonaventure, Richmond

ACC - NC State, Clemson

Big East - Seton Hall, Providence

Big Ten - Northwestern, Minnesota

SEC - LSU, Mississippi, Georgia

MWC - UNLV, Boise State

Good thing is WCC was won by Gonzaga, Pac-12 will be won by a lock, Big 12 will be won by a lock. There are lots of favorites left in the 7 conferences above, so things still look fine.

Assuming all 10 major conferences have a team already in win it, then there are 36 spots left. 29 are basically set in stone.

That leaves 7 spots left for (in order of RPI)...bolded teams probably in already
BYU (done)
Tennessee
Dayton (done)
Minnesota
Nebraska (done)
Missouri (done)
Providence
SMU (done)
Florida State (done)
Iowa (done)
Green Bay (done)
California (done)
Saint Mary's (done)
North Carolina State
Louisiana Tech
St. John's (done)
Georgetown (done)
Richmond
Arkansas (done)

Our resume stacks up with the best in this group. No way there are 7 teams ahead of us in that group. Now if 3 or 4 of the 10 major conferences are won by teams outside the bubble...then we should probably worry.

Oh, and the Ohio State loss put our SOS at 18 on Live-RPI.

A 19-11 team with an 11-7 Big Ten record and 18 SOS getting left out? Can't see it.

Good to have top 20 SOS w/ top 40 RPI... small point of correction, NU is now 19-12.

Our RPI is down to 47 now.

I thought I'd read it was already at 40 before today's ballgame.... there's just so many damn 'RPI' calculators out there, anyways.  :o

According to Palm, here are his teams behind Nebraska before today's game.

10 Nebraska

10 Arizona State (done)

10 Iowa (done)

10 Pitt (probably moves ahead of us)

11 Xavier

11 Dayton (done)

11 SMU (done)

11 Tennessee

12 Providence

12 Missouri (done)

Out

BYU (done)

Minnesota

California (done)

Arkansas (done)

Southern Miss

Green Bay (done)

St John's (done)

Guys if lunardi has us in and palm has us firmly in just relax

No one with 11 wins ...8-2 innlast ten and a huge win over Wisconsin and others is getting left out.

We also showed very well on nuetral site....Minnesota and iowa laid an egg. As have some others

I think they send NU to a regional where they need attendance. I have been to 14 regionals in my life time away from the Midwest. Many are poorly attended on Thursday and Friday morning. Nu will help attendance, get a great coach to spark local community to back and is a media dream.

Money does matter

According to Palm, here are his teams behind Nebraska before today's game.

10 Nebraska

10 Arizona State (done)

10 Iowa (done)

10 Pitt (probably moves ahead of us)

11 Xavier

11 Dayton (done)

11 SMU (done)

11 Tennessee

12 Providence

12 Missouri (done)

Out

BYU (done)

Minnesota

California (done)

Arkansas (done)

Southern Miss

Green Bay (done)

St John's (done)

Seeing that Xavier is still alive and playing tonight, does that mean I have to cheer for Creighton? <_<

We could use a Kentucky win over LSU. We don't need a Cinderella run in the SEC.

Unless it's Georgia.

I think at this point any boost Georgia might give us is not worth just having them out completely.

Maybe I've had one beer too many tonight ... are you saying you want Georgia out instead of making an SEC Tournament run?

There are a few teams that are "in" which I think should be sweating way more than us.  Iowa, SMU, KState, Ariz St are pretty good examples.  I think Palm is right on with us as a 10 seed. 

Really I think Dayton should be moved up out of the "last 4" as well.  They are deserving & it eliminates the unfair competitive advantage Dayton would have at home.  Dayton's day's as the 1st 4 site are numbered b/c of this.  They may still hold the 2 16 seed games but a neutral location needs to be chosen in the future.