Move over Jean

husker11

Looks like another fan is mad about the Husker Power chant

NU basketball is nice and noisy
I am ecstatic about how much of a home-court advantage Nebraska now enjoys for men’s basketball. The venue is by far the loudest I have ever enjoyed, and that includes two Final Fours, 10 World Series games and every NU football home game since 1974.
The scene on Sunday was incredible. One of my favorite moments: when Tim Miles waded through the crowd afterward and hugged Kent Pavelka in a display of sheer joy.
I was troubled, however, by the organized noise as the Wisconsin players were being introduced. That is not good sportsmanship and should not continue next year. It doesn’t speak well for our team or our fans and doesn’t help NU win.
Timothy W. Cavanaugh, Omaha

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140312/NEWS08/140319660/1681#the-public-pulse-march-12

Everyone knows *many* Crayton fans are more than happy to be socially imbibing at the Bud Bar whilst Dougie McBuckets has been droppin' 3G in the Clink these 4 yrs! Oh well, they'll soon figure out the All-American son will be sorely missed in eastern O... and, man oh man, do I hope the Omaha Mavericks get things going at Ak-sar-ben Arena in a hurry to fill up their new venue by 2016. The state of Nebraska is seeing a basketball renaissance like none other. I, for one, think it's great for Nebrasketball for everyone within the borders to be good all at once. Can't fans all just get along???  <_<

Tim probably has a screen name with frozen water and some fictional character and a few random numbers in it. Most likely could of been kicked off a board like this and knew this would make it on here. He probably just wanted to get under our skin. Probably a Creighton fan to boot... But that last part was just a guess...

Alright if someone actually has the balls to talk themselves up like this and submit a letter to the editor, they just don't get it. Tim I don't know if you know this, but when Wisconsin deliberately threw the ball right out of bounds multiple times, I screamed my ass off along with 16,000 other fans because they screwed up. That doesn't speak very well of our fan base, does it? Heck we could make these kids cry at night! If you think the Husker Power chant is rude and needs to be discontinued, then what about the "Who cares, you suck" chant that has been used for the past decade? Oh that's right, you've probably never been to a Nebrasketball game before because you're probably a Skerjay from Omaha (see what I did there? Time to stop putting them first ;)

OK, so the guy is just totally wrong.  We've been through this. 

Volleyball clap belongs to the volleyball fans.  Not original, not for us to borrow, not apropos to the nature of our event.

"Who cares?  You suck!" seems less sportsmanlike, more rude, and is categorically wrong when some of our conference opponents are introduced.

"Husker!  Power!" is not necessarily original.  But it sets a tone.  It says, we don't care who you are, we're not intimidated by you and this is our house and we're going to defend it.

It absolutely sets a tone.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  This is the best, most uniquely Husker thing we've ever done as a crowd at basketball games.  We didn't steal it from Duke.  We didn't copy Kansas.  It's the best crowd thing we have going.  And it should continue.

It absolutely sets a tone.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  This is the best, most uniquely Husker thing we've ever done as a crowd at basketball games.  We didn't steal it from Duke.  We didn't copy Kansas.  It's the best crowd thing we have going.  And it should continue.

I can't +1 this enough.  This is exactly why Husker Power is so great!

I've been to 4 State Fairs, 3 County Fairs and a goat roping and the Husker Power chant is the greatest thing I've ever seen. When I watched the Youtube video from the floor the first time we did the chant, I got chills.

lol..now although the movie line "Now I've been to one world fair, a picnic and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I've heard come over a set of earphones. Are you sure you got today's codes?" is different...I've got Doctor Strangelove on the brain now.