Kent Pavelka ....question for you sir.

Kent,

Any chance of a husker post game reaction show for husker hoops? Maybe one of the hosts do it with a former player for an hour after you guys are done. More interviews and fan discussion. Just really hate when you guys sign off and we are stick in traffic still;) it doesn't need to be hours long. Just curious with the fire this state is showing if this has been discussed.

Thanks!

Kent,

Any chance of a husker post game reaction show for husker hoops? Maybe one of the hosts do it with a former player for an hour after you guys are done. More interviews and fan discussion. Just really hate when you guys sign off and we are stick in traffic still;) it doesn't need to be hours long. Just curious with the fire this state is showing if this has been discussed.

Thanks!

Remember that, by the time they sign off, Kent and Matt have put in a 10+ hour day. And, on the road, the bus is waiting for them.

I asked the same question.  It's a network issue.  I wonder who we would have to ask to request.  I am certain the majority who listen to any part of the broadcast would continue to listen to an hour post-game.   Interviews with the players, alums, assistant coaches, other hoops fans, opponents, it could be anything.

I wonder who would host it.  John Bishop? :rolleyes:

Kent,

Thanks!

Remember that, by the time they sign off, Kent and Matt have put in a 10+ hour day. And, on the road, the bus is waiting for them.

No offense to Kent and Matt, but please.  Many of us hard working guys put in wayyyyy moreee than 10 hours in a day.  Cmon man, were you kissing some butt here?

Kent,

Thanks!

True...however...they have almost 12 hrs of radio coverage for a football game. We get like half an hr of coverage before a basketball game and maybe 15 min after.

This is needed. I would like a non Husker affiliated network to do it. I think Mike Welch could do it. They could get a former Husker to co host. It's hard for a non note work station to do it as they usually don't travel and don't have access to both coaches post game. I think big red overreaction is better than big red reaction. Non affiliated stations I feel host these the best.

I often wondered why KFAB seems to be in such a hurry to get off the air.

At the Bob you had a chance of catching a little more of the show...but KFAB always gives the stats early after the game...the 16k walking to their cars never hear the point/rebounds totals for the players...why not repeat at the end...even if you are rushing to get off the air.

Using last Sunday as an example...the show was off the air before I could make it down from level 5 of my wonderfully convenient parking garage (where they don't know how to get people out on to 10th Street through the entrances...but rather they make them turn toward the traffic on 9th! Parking is probably worthy of it's own separate topic...so I will digress no further.)

I still have an hour to go before I am home in Omaha...surprised KFAB gives up the captive audience...but the second their politics comes on...they are gone.

Rotate all of us loo we have plenty if games and a few if us have radio backgrounds.

I have a friend that used to be on the air at the Blaze and he had me come on the air one morning as he was trying to find me a date for New Years. That's about as close to having a radio background as I get.

Can you blame us for not having a post game show for the last decade plus?

I get a chuckle over Coach Miles getting to the show so fast!  My parents live clear over by Holmes Lake...and by the time we would leave the Bob get in our car and drive clear over there the prior coaches would usually get to the show by the time we hit 48th and Normal. Now Coach Miles is hitting the show by the time we start the car normally.