The Best

I listened to Kent's calls of games from the beginning in the mid 70's.  Back then, you might get a Husker game on TV 3 or 4  Saturdays a season, so for 90% of the games, it was just me and Kent.  In my universe, he is Husker basketball. 

Thank you, sir for many years of passion for Big Red basketball!  I have a feeling we're about to get rewarded for years of futility and frustration.

Kent, I've been hustling to the car after games mostly to hear the postgame and also to see if you survived being as crazy excited as these games have been. I'm guessing it's impossible but you guys should put that Wisconsin broadcast out as a podcast. Charge a few bucks or whatever it takes. I'd love to buy it and listen.

I would buy it

Glad I brought my radio to the game last night so I could hear the call live while I watched in the Vault.  It was so loud in there that it was difficult to hear the play by play even though I had an earbud crammed in my ear.  I had one & my 10 year old daughter had the other.  We were jumping around so much that we kept jerking the earbuds out of eachothers ears.  It was awesome.

Been going to Husker games since I was a kid during the Hoppen years.  Last night was amazing.  Glad I had Kent with me.  Like someone else mentioned, it used to be you only saw the Huskers play on TV on a limited basis.  Lots of years of Kent painting the picture over the radio. 

Kent, I remember listening to Husker games after Wed night catechism back in the mid 70s.  Brian Banks, Carl McPipe, Andre Smith, etc...  Back then, to a grade school kid in the sticks of NE Nebraska, sports on the radio were pure magic.  Still feel that way.  I was actually happy for you yesterday, because you surely are a long-suffering fan just like most of us.  Thanks for the memories Kent, and for embodying Husker basketball to generations of Husker hoop fans.    

Most impressive +1/Post count ratio EVER.

Keep up the good work, Kent!

The previous high reputation post was 15.

This one is 34 and counting.  It's literally the best post that has ever been written on this board given this metric.

But how much weight does reputation points count towards getting a bubble team in?

Kent,

I've listened to you since the days of "looking inside for Hoppen" and have always enjoyed your enthusiasm for the game and the Huskers.  Keep it up.  I can tolerate Matt D. but I certainly enjoyed when Jake Muhlheisen covered and alway liked Andy Markowski for color.  May you get to call an NCAA tourney win this year!