Valparaiso Game Thread: What the winner don't know......

cipsucks

What is great about this win for the team is that they went on a 7 minute drought and found a way to grind it out. This was NOT a thing of beauty by any means, but we all know this may be a tough year and this was a very nice win over a quality opponent. Defense was awesome all night. Just gotta hit some shots. Even in that drought I really thought NU had some good looks, just couldn't make any. That happens. They didn't hang their heads, kept working on defense and found a way to get the win. On to Sunday!

Talley struggled offensively but his defense, rebounding, and passing played a huge part in the win tonight. holding valpo's best player to 8 points isn't something to ignore

Yeah Talley very impressive to this eye. Not a guy I necessarily knew would buy into the little things. The court spacing he provides is excellent also.

Yeah Talley very impressive to this eye. Not a guy I necessarily knew would buy into the little things. The court spacing he provides is excellent also.

Yes, plus he will usually get a lot of attention, since we have few offensive weapons. I believe at one time we had Tyrance, Peltz, and Menke on the floor at the same time. I can't remember if the 4th was Rivers. So basically, they don't have to guard anyone but Talley and maybe one other guy in certain situations. He will struggle for looks on most nights.

But last night he did a great job in the other aspects of the game. Defense, got 6 boards, and had 4 assists.