"The loud cheering of "HUSKER POWER" during the introduction of the visiting team...seems rude and unsportsmanlike on our part."

MidwestDrummer

Someone needs to tell that old hag that it probably is not out of line if our coach is tweeting videos of it.

Yeah, you want unsportsmanlike just drive up the road and that coach tweets about dirty "hustle"

Drive up the road and you'll find a fan base that is in the hallways during the player introductions.

Jean needs to take lessons from these Wichita St. fans.

elderly-ladies-drink-rockstar-energy-dri

LOL! Thanks for the memories. This is totally off topic...but I remember a number of years ago when we had four seats at the Bob.  Nebraska was playing KU and my grandmother (god rest her soul) was a diehard KU fan (she was even buried with her KU sweatshirt).  She came up and went to the game with my parents and myself. She was so excited (although NU of course got blown away...our excitement came from her happiness) to be at the game...and the people sitting right next to her had a cousin on the KU team so that got her even more pumped up to be at the game. It was the last time she got to see KU in person.

So, our response to Jean, summarized:

Yes, it's rude.  Duh.  That's kinda the point.  You can't have a hostile environment without a little hostile.

At least we got rid of the part where we yelled that the other team's players suck.  Which is less sportsmanlike?  Cheering for YOUR team during the other team's introductions?  Or booing the other team during their introductions?  You apparently didn't take issue with yelling that the other team's players suck.  Why complain now?  How is this even remotely worse?

I've said it before but I'll say it again.  This is the BEST tradition we've EVER come up with that is uniquely ours.  It gets the crowd into it and it gets the noise level up and it is AWESOME.  It's the only thing we do that fans from other teams might watch on youtube and say, "That's cool; we should do something like that."

I've said it before but I'll say it again.  This is the BEST tradition we've EVER come up with that is uniquely ours.  It gets the crowd into it and it gets the noise level up and it is AWESOME.  It's the only thing we do that fans from other teams might watch on youtube and say, "That's cool; we should do something like that."

Just out of curiosity, where did the newspaper toss come from? I'd never seen it before the red zone did it. I like that a lot.

BTW, I'd be completely behind getting rid of the "Husker Power" chant if we replaced it with "Us Always"

Can we organize this for the Wisconsin game? You think this wouldn't fire up the team? Holy smokes!

Don't mess with it.  Husker Power is awesome and loud.  Getting the crowd to perform something else with as much energy is a gamble not worth taking at this point, IMO.  Do "Us Always" at some other point.