Lunardi

nuled2dance

Let's be honest... if you were a 6 or a 7 and you had to play someone who had just run through the gauntlet we ran the last 10-12 games including beating a top 5-6 RPI team semi convincingly (it definitely wasn't a fluke) to cap it off..... what would your first thought be?

Let's be honest... if you were a 6 or a 7 and you had to play someone who had just run through the gauntlet we ran the last 10-12 games including beating a top 5-6 RPI team semi convincingly (it definitely wasn't a fluke) to cap it off..... what would your first thought be?

Oh Crap! (that would be my thought!)

if you look at our game film we play tournament basketball, we dont live and die by the three, but when we are on, we make timely threes to either finish a run, or start a big run to put us in the lead, we penetrate the lane, get easy two's, and one's and build up fouls, and we play good defense, and make teams pay the price for turning it over, all things that succeed well in the big dance.

If I was a fan of said 6 or 7 seed, I'd be pissed that we got bracketed against a team that clearly deserved a better seed, that's what I'd think.

"Man, totally unfair.  Nebraska is way better than 10 or 11 seed.  This should be a 3rd round match-up.  Why do we get stuck playing those guys?"

I'm tellin' ya, we're gonna win this year.  We have the kind of skill sets that do well in the tourney:  good D; guys who can score in the paint/at the rim; and we take care of the ball.

Interesting. Assuming we get past UCLA (I like our odds), we have a third-round matchup with Doc at Iowa State (assuming they get past NC Central...probably good odds there too). Wonder if that makes for some awkward reunions.

No, I don't think it would be awkward at all.  I heard Miles on the radio recently paying Doc a nice compliment and I don't think Doc is the kind of person who would allow an awkward moment.  I remember seeing him shake hands with Elliott Eliason after we lost to Minnesota at home and he shook Elliot's hand and they smiled like and acted like they were old friends.

I think the people involved in that reunion would just be happy for each other.

Interesting. Assuming we get past UCLA (I like our odds), we have a third-round matchup with Doc at Iowa State (assuming they get past NC Central...probably good odds there too). Wonder if that makes for some awkward reunions.

No, I don't think it would be awkward at all.  I heard Miles on the radio recently paying Doc a nice compliment and I don't think Doc is the kind of person who would allow an awkward moment.  I remember seeing him shake hands with Elliott Eliason after we lost to Minnesota at home and he shook Elliot's hand and they smiled like and acted like they were old friends.

Yeah but Husker Hoops Fan insisted there was bad blood between Sadler and the Eliason family (before HHF was banned) . ;)

Yeah but Husker Hoops Fan insisted there was bad blood between Sadler and the Eliason family (before he was banned) . ;)

Yeah, he was right about soooooooo MANY things!

Ask us a question like this next year when we are a 5 or a 6 seed...and you will get more accurate answers!

Ask us a question like this next year when we are a 5 or a 6 seed...and you will get more accurate answers!

5 or 6 seed? Why are you setting your expectations so low? I'm thinking 4 seed.

Lunardi's update today has us still playing UCLA but meeting the winner of Creighton v. Anteaters should we beat the Bruins.

I'd be down with that.

I be down with meeting ANYBODY in the 2nd round because it means we've won our first ever NCAA game! However, a match against Creighton would be welcome.