Red Zone Husker Power chant

Shuttlesworth

Somewhere it was mentioned that some students were trying to get the folks in the 200-level involved with throwing confetti, and I've been looking for it this afternoon but it eludes me.

Apparently the PBA staff put the kibosh on this pretty quick and I am wondering why?

I know we have some folks on the Arena management staff monitoring this board and was wondering if we could possibly get a little clarification on this matter.

I, for one, think it's a great idea and have been mulling around the notion of talking here about getting the non-student sections involved with the confetti, too.  It's such a striking visual.

Somewhere it was mentioned that some students were trying to get the folks in the 200-level involved with throwing confetti, and I've been looking for it this afternoon but it eludes me.

Apparently the PBA staff put the kibosh on this pretty quick and I am wondering why?

I know we have some folks on the Arena management staff monitoring this board and was wondering if we could possibly get a little clarification on this matter.

I, for one, think it's a great idea and have been mulling around the notion of talking here about getting the non-student sections involved with the confetti, too.  It's such a striking visual.

The guy who was like the "head of the ushers" just told us that newspapers were only cleared for the students by the University. 

Not sure what the big deal was, either. 

The guy who was like the "head of the ushers" just told us that newspapers were only cleared for the students by the University. 

Not sure what the big deal was, either. 

I think that you might be justified in saying something akin to "I don't have to sit down, Coach said so"...but...you know...something confetti-related instead on this one.

IOW, if it's something the students (and in turn other fans) can use to get juiced up, then what's wrong with it?

University doesn't want to have to pay to print any more copies of the DN than they absolutely need to???

I dunno, sounds kind of weak to me.

Might want to call in to the Tim Miles show and get in his ear about it....

Hopefully a new tradition !   Very nicely done.  It sounds like it will only get louder.  I've never been a big "Husker Power" fan, but in this context and with this enthusiasm, I'm all in. 

I wasn't able to be there....Norm said something about the drummers ?   Did the drum line do their thing like last year ?    Also has the "Morgan Freeman voice" video still not been played since FGCU ?   Have we ever heard anything on this ?

I can understand a bit on the confetti....what a mess to clean up ( extra time, money, manpower ).

Hopefully a new tradition !   Very nicely done.  It sounds like it will only get louder.  I've never been a big "Husker Power" fan, but in this context and with this enthusiasm, I'm all in. 

I wasn't able to be there....Norm said something about the drummers ?   Did the drum line do their thing like last year ?    Also has the "Morgan Freeman voice" video still not been played since FGCU ?   Have we ever heard anything on this ?

I can understand a bit on the confetti....what a mess to clean up ( extra time, money, manpower ).

During the National Anthem you could hear the drumming coming from the front of PBA.

Hopefully a new tradition ! Very nicely done. It sounds like it will only get louder. I've never been a big "Husker Power" fan, but in this context and with this enthusiasm, I'm all in.

I wasn't able to be there....Norm said something about the drummers ? Did the drum line do their thing like last year ? Also has the "Morgan Freeman voice" video still not been played since FGCU ? Have we ever heard anything on this ?

Still haven't seen the video come back. Must be saving it for Wisconsin. I just thought since it was cool, and the university paid someone to make it, that it would be used more than once.

During the National Anthem you could hear the drumming coming from the front of PBA.

Are you sure it wasn't your ears ringing?

I'm sure I heard it too... I thought it was something thematic they were doing for the patriotism

The drumline were playing on what looked like garbage cans type drums when I walked into the PBA at the North entrance about 10 to 15 minutes prior to tipoff.  Was a pretty cool experience, stopped to watch for good 5 minutes.  I also heard them again during the National Anthem, but unaware where it was coming from... wondering if it was on purpose or since they may have been in hallway didn't realize National Anthem was being performed.

OK....I have been doing some thinking on this. The Husker Power vid is awesome! However....and maybe someone can confirm this. Until everyone gets involved the sound is much louder on the 100 level. I sit in the two hundred level and while the chant was impressive...I could still hear the PA over the chant. Its going to take the 200 and 300 level people to be just as loud for the PA announcer to be taken out of the equation.

OK....I have been doing some thinking on this. The Husker Power vid is awesome! However....and maybe someone can confirm this. Until everyone gets involved the sound is much louder on the 100 level. I sit in the two hundred level and while the chant was impressive...I could still hear the PA over the chant. Its going to take the 200 and 300 level people to be just as loud for the PA announcer to be taken out of the equation.

Well the players are on the court so their noise level would be most similar to that of the 100 level.  Getting even louder would be great, but making it loud enough that the opposing players can't hear the PA is the real goal.