Deverell Biggs dismissed from the team

I see it alot as a Chane Behanen situation from Louisville this year.  Loads of talent and given multiple opportunities to turn it around and just can't.

...and he is transferring to Colorado State.  The biggest difference is that Chane was dismissed at the end of the semester so he is eligble at the start of next years second semester.  That will not be the case with Deverell.

Is Hawkins healthy?  Is this an opportunity for him to step up?  I just am not too confident that we are going to be in great shape with Parker playing heavy minutes when we are someone offensively challenged to begin with. 

That's a good question.  Might lead to him getting more playing going into next year than he would have.

Creighton fans somehow think the Biggs dismissal compares to Sandusky at Penn St. You cannot make this up folks.

Just remember: We're the ones who are delusional.
Nor do I ever remember anyone claiming Biggs was the savior of NU basketball. Little brother syndrome rears it's ugly head again. Biggs talent will be missed but he's not so good where Miles can overlook the team and personal issues that come with him. We will have to deal with it this year, hopefully Miles can sign a quality player for next year. A young team has just became younger.

Biggs was a red-shirt junior correct?

That means he is done with Division 1.  He would have to sit out a year if he transferred and he only has 1 year left.  So I guess technically he could go play on someones scout team.

I'd be surprised if anyone in D1 would take him as a one and done on the back end anyway with his record, but I think Barfy mentioned he can go to any non-Div 1 school after he graduates. Bottom line is that his career as a nominally big time athlete/prospect is probably done.

I am trying to think through the transfer rules given the fact that he already redshirted.  He may have to go outside Division I

graduate transfer i think. assuming he graduates.

Hahaha...oh wait, you may be serious.

Uh, Hello Bellevue University.

Missouri Western takes on a bunch of guys in this situation.  Including P'Allen.