Get PETTEWAY the F#%^ing basketball

Section_316

I like Biggs, I really do, but he is turning the ball over waaaaaay to much imo to be putting the ball in his hands with the game on the line. Our best player just iced a deep 3 to keep us in it than we get a miracle turnover.... GO BACK TO YOUR BEST PLAYER!!!!

I also love Miles & I'm gonna get destroyed for this but for as good as he is PR wise and as much as he's getting after it on the recruiting trail, his "in game" coaching has left a lot to be desired on multiple occasions, especially tonight.

Sorry I'm venting, ill cool down and relax but Penn state is terrible, they just shot 35% and beat us cause we can't take care of the basketball (deverell)

I won't destroy you for it.  The paint job needs a few scratches at this point.

He did not have a good game tonight at all. But this team is pretty volatile, and sometimes even good coaches can't get through. We saw last year he could coach a team with considerably less talent and depth, so I know he can coach. His players are making this staff earn their cash.

There's a difference between putting someone on the bench and consistently putting the ball in his hands with the game on the line. We have a legitimate scorer who has proven he can take and make shots. He also happens to be a 6'6 mismatch. Get him the ball with the game on the line is what I'm saying, just like I said. If you wanna imply things that's fine, doesn't make them true though

So who do we want with the ball in their hands when the game is on the line? The guy who makes the play, right?

At the end of the Michigan game Biggs had the ball in hand when Miles called the timeout and put the ball in Petteway's hands. He missed and we all screamed that he should've let the ultra quick Biggs go and make the final play.

Now tonight, Biggs gets the nod and turns it over and now we all scream that Petteway should've had the ball.

Bottom line is whoever has it, make the damn play so we win and don't have to second guess.

Me personally, I was fine with petteway vs Michigan. Got a solid shot and a great tip try. If we play motion and allow freedom and spacing, when we have a shot at the win, if we're gonna ISO and let a dude make a play, give it to your best player.... Just my opinion. Biggs was brutal down the stretch so that doesn't help his case imo

The problem was that there was not a single pass in that possession.  Biggs got the ball on the inbounds and just put his head down and went.  NU had plenty of time to work the possession.  We needed to swing the ball once or twice to get the defense moving and spread them out.  Too many players on this team that think dribble first and pass second. 

He did not have a good game tonight at all. But this team is pretty volatile, and sometimes even good coaches can't get through. We saw last year he could coach a team with considerably less talent and depth, so I know he can coach. His players are making this staff earn their cash.

However, the players making this team volatile were brought in by THIS STAFF.  Surely they knew what they were getting in to??

Me personally, I was fine with petteway vs Michigan. Got a solid shot and a great tip try. If we play motion and allow freedom and spacing, when we have a shot at the win, if we're gonna ISO and let a dude make a play, give it to your best player.... Just my opinion. Biggs was brutal down the stretch so that doesn't help his case imo

I agree.  At least we got an attempt against Michigan.

At the end of the Michigan game Biggs had the ball in hand when Miles called the timeout and put the ball in Petteway's hands. He missed and we all screamed that he should've let the ultra quick Biggs go and make the final play.

The gripe there was that Biggs had a step on his guy when Miles got the timeout called.

If we need a guy to take a last shot, it should be Petteway...he can create his own shot and hit from inside and outside.

The gripe there was that Biggs had a step on his guy when Miles got the timeout called.

If we need a guy to take a last shot, it should be Petteway...he can create his own shot and hit from inside and outside.

Yes but my point being we are always going to go back and second guess, just like we did in the Michigan play scenario, when we don't convert.

It comes down to who can make the play. Right now nobody has yet. Biggs can also create his own shot and hit from inside or outside but you need to hold onto the ball to do either. Terrible turnovers.

However, the players making this team volatile were brought in by THIS STAFF.  Surely they knew what they were getting in to??

Of course they know. It's a very young team with only minimal player leadership. Bad things are going to happen to you, and we need to accept that at some level. This is a season where you just gotta take the good when you get it, and et through the bad when that comes as well. Now if they're playing like this next season, it's a different discussion.

Its just upsetting, at least for me to look simply through our B1G schedule and say.. we are 1-5 & could very well be 4-2 headed home for a couple more 'winnable' games in front of a raucous 16K… We want the fans to show up, we want the fans to be loud.. but I don't really blame the impatient ones who lose their minds watching this team, and nebraska basketball in general, piss all over themselves time after time when they have a great opportunity to turn the corner.