Midland Exhibition Game Thread: It Don't Come Easy.....

cipsucks

We lost the tip. Ubel lost the tip to a 6'2" kid. Huskers 8/25 from the field, 5/12 from 3, 8 turnovers, 18 rebounds. Talley, Gallegos, and Rivers playing well. Almeida is slower than ever. Our 7'1" freshman can't dunk. Ubel 0 points, 3 fouls in first half. Not liking the new arena announcer and apparently we now play WNBA music during timeouts.

1. Save some of the that for the regular season

2. Approximately how many WNBA games do you watch per year?

1. Save some of the that for the regular season

2. Approximately how many WNBA games do you watch per year?

I don't watch NBA, let alone WNBA games. I seem to remember a famous youtube video of a man dancing at a WNBA game to a song they played tonight. Lots of techno music and weird crap. Very odd.

I'll just go ahead and include the video that had the same song, When they played it wed night, it immediately made me think of this video, which ties in with the WNBA. So in summary, I saw the youtube video and recognized the song. You couldn't pay me to watch a WNBA game.

sorry if link/setup is not correct.

Team played alot better in the second half. Andre could stand to lose about 30 lbs to help his agility. Would have been nice to see Sheilds play. NU could use someone that can attack the basket more out of that motion offense. I liked Rivers effort on the court. He needs to gain more muscle. Ubel can't get in foul trouble this year at all. I like the Peltz kid so far.

People have only been saying this since last season. This isn't any surprise. Miles inherited a dumpster fire.

Be patient.

You know we are going to have a lot of "casual" fans that won't understand the situation and over-react within the 1st week of this season "Same ol' Nebraska" not knowing that this team is red-shirting 3 guys, and only has 8 guys on scholarship. Miles went 0-16 his first year at CSU, and we could see something similiar this year. The key for him is to somehow get guys in hear that can help build momentum......and I trust that he will.

You know we are going to have a lot of "casual" fans that won't understand the situation and over-react within the 1st week of this season "Same ol' Nebraska" not knowing that this team is red-shirting 3 guys, and only has 8 guys on scholarship. Miles went 0-16 his first year at CSU, and we could see something similiar this year. The key for him is to somehow get guys in hear that can help build momentum......and I trust that he will.

Casual fans are the least of everyone's concerns right now, even with the new arena opening up. I agree with a lot of guys on here that we should be significantly better for the grand opening season, and that shuld help ease some attendance problems at the new house.

People have only been saying this since last season. This isn't any surprise. Miles inherited a dumpster fire.

Be patient.

I agree. Not a surprise at all. But in terms of describing the situation, I have closely followed NU basketball for 45 years. I've seen some really bad teams in that time. I have no doubt this is the worst assemblance of talent, compared to the competion, we have ever fielded. I'll have no trouble going to the games and supporting the team, and I'll be patient--but to go back to the overused cliche--"it is what it is"--this is an alltime low on what we can put out on the court, and it's not close. May God have mercy....