Kaylee Page

atskooc

• 1 year later...

What I also heard was that this was an injury that they knew she had for some time due to playing tennis. Wondering if this was ever disclosed in the recruiting process. Thinking we dodged more than one bullet when we cut ties with the Page family.

My daughter is going through the recruiting process right now for track and field, and we have been very open and honest about a nagging injury that she has had. I would hope other people are also open and honest during their recruitment.

• 4 weeks later...

NU has a lot to be excited about right now. Lets take the high road and not look down our noses at a 19 year old kid.  Its water under the bridge. GBR

As discussed many times before....Not so sure all her NU problems were created by her...rather a certain relative. She herself. actually may of had little to do with her leaving. Kind of see it as simply real unfortunate for both her and NU.

OK, I will.  It's just that I get tired on my KSU friends telling me she is a budding superstar and our coaching staff just did not realize this and give her the playing time to prove it.  Besides I am not looking down my nose at a 19 years old, just those certain relatives that acted as if they were entitled from the first time I met them last year.

Every sport has situations where some players work out better then expected and some that don't.  The reasons why vary from case to case and we don't often see all the reasons.  We should celebrate those that do and sympathize with those that don't.  All I know for sure is that recruiting in todays environment must be extremely difficult and time consuming taking coaches away from their families more then they would like.

So long as she shoots the 3 well, Kaylee Page will be a good offensive player on a 17/18-win team. Something like 14 points and 3/4 assists per game good. When her sister gets healthy next year, maybe K-State will be a 21/22-win team. Once K-State got a new coach, I suspect that made the whole thing about what they'd wanted in the first place, which was to be 20 minutes from home. 

That said, over the course of four years, I think you'll take Rachel Blackburn over either of them because Blackburn is going to compliment Shepard about as well as anyone could. Further, Simon has the potential to be a very interesting player. The thing I like about Simon is she reminds me of a Maryland player. When she catches up to the speed of the college game, her length will make opponents struggle to drive the ball. I watched Maryland swallow up Nebraska last year in that very way.