Kaylee Page

atskooc

On 4/8/2017 at 11:52 AM, Row6Seat10 said:

She will go some where, where the first thing dad will inquire with the new school is that they apply for a waiver for her to play immediately since she has already used her redshirt year. She used her redshirt season to recover from surgery to repair a torn labrum in her shoulder she suffered in high school. So she's sitting now with three years to play three years.

Rumor had it when dad hauled big sister Kaylee back home he also asked for Lanie's release from her scholarship from the Huskers. A stunt that Lanie didn't really agree with as she had mixed thoughts about wanting to leave NU. Lanie is good friends with Rachel Blackburn, and I'll have to admit with those two running the show underneath is really appealing to me.

My guess is that the Page's will contact the Huskers about the possibility about coming back here since it's so close to home. And my guess is Coach Williams and staff would listen. The Page's know If she would receive a waiver to play next season she would get a lot more playing time here than what she got last season and most likely more than any other school they look at. But the question is are putting up with Dad's shenanigans should they happen again be worth it?

Should she choose to loose a year of eligibility by staying in conference she would most likely end up at Kansas, Texas Tech or Okie State before Lincoln though. Don't count out Missouri or Iowa either.    

I have very mixed feelings about this.  Lanie is probably a great kid - but the parental baggage is pretty awful.  Could it be a situation where the 'rents are told she could come back, but mom and dad are on a very short leash?  Just don't like the idea of the parents being back here.  They might be better off looking at DII.

7 hours ago, huskerchode said:

I have very mixed feelings about this.  Lanie is probably a great kid - but the parental baggage is pretty awful.  Could it be a situation where the 'rents are told she could come back, but mom and dad are on a very short leash?  Just don't like the idea of the parents being back here.  They might be better off looking at DII.

I just don't think the parents have much room to push their weight anymore with any coach now that Lanie is running out of eligibility. Once she lands at some other school she'd better stay there, every move that they think is in her best interest from there on out, will hinder her chances of playing what she has left now eligibility wise. I don't think right now they have any plans on sending her to DII. 

I feel kind of bad for her.  If I recall correctly, she skipped a grade or two so that she could play with her older sister in HS.  Which means she entered college at a younger age than most.  The transition to D1 ball is difficult enough for an 18 year old, let alone someone who was moved up a grade.  I just have to wonder why the parents were OK with all of this.  Was it really that important that she have more playing time in HS with her sister?  Was it about having a state championship team?  Who knows.  It sounded like she still wanted to come to Nebraska even after her sister left - yet she wound up following her sister to KState.  Was that really her decision?  Then an injury year, and now a year pretty much spent on the bench.  Only 3 years left in her college career and she has no team now.

Had she stayed in her true grade in HS, would she have been recruited very heavily by KState?  At the time she and her sister went there, they didn't have quite the recruits that they now have.

I'm sure she's solid academically so that is not an issue, but I'm not sure that it was such a wise decision to move her ahead.  I had a kid that could have graduated a year early, but since she was wanting to be a college athlete, she stayed all 4 years in HS and it was worth it from a recruiting standpoint.  She took a huge leap in skills from her junior to her senior years, grew a bit, physically got a lot stronger, became more focused.  I have to wonder if Lanie had not skipped a grade if she might be in a bit better situation.

29 minutes ago, huskerchode said:

I feel kind of bad for her.  If I recall correctly, she skipped a grade or two so that she could play with her older sister in HS.  Which means she entered college at a younger age than most.  The transition to D1 ball is difficult enough for an 18 year old, let alone someone who was moved up a grade.  I just have to wonder why the parents were OK with all of this.  Was it really that important that she have more playing time in HS with her sister?  Was it about having a state championship team?  Who knows.  It sounded like she still wanted to come to Nebraska even after her sister left - yet she wound up following her sister to KState.  Was that really her decision?  Then an injury year, and now a year pretty much spent on the bench.  Only 3 years left in her college career and she has no team now.

Had she stayed in her true grade in HS, would she have been recruited very heavily by KState?  At the time she and her sister went there, they didn't have quite the recruits that they now have.

I'm sure she's solid academically so that is not an issue, but I'm not sure that it was such a wise decision to move her ahead.  I had a kid that could have graduated a year early, but since she was wanting to be a college athlete, she stayed all 4 years in HS and it was worth it from a recruiting standpoint.  She took a huge leap in skills from her junior to her senior years, grew a bit, physically got a lot stronger, became more focused.  I have to wonder if Lanie had not skipped a grade if she might be in a bit better situation.

Red shirt should help then.

She was injured, but I don't see a scenario where she would get it back due to transfer.   She could get a 6th year if she has another major injury.  I just doubt too many good teams will be interested in someone who sits out a year to play 2.  

She was injured, but I don't see a scenario where she would get it back due to transfer.   She could get a 6th year if she has another major injury.  I just doubt too many good teams will be interested in someone who sits out a year to play 2.  

The Huskers aren't a good team yet, so maybe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thought about it some more.  Read some of the dad's tweets.  I'm not in favor of bringing the parents' back.  Which means I'm not in favor of bringing Lanie back.  I just don't think the dad can keep his trap shut and our situation, although it is not the best right now, could possibly get worse with him around again.  No, no, no, no, just no.

2 hours ago, huskerchode said:

Thought about it some more.  Read some of the dad's tweets.  I'm not in favor of bringing the parents' back.  Which means I'm not in favor of bringing Lanie back.  I just don't think the dad can keep his trap shut and our situation, although it is not the best right now, could possibly get worse with him around again.  No, no, no, no, just no.

If Dad's still a helicopter dad, at it's worse...then I agree....no. The last thing this team needs is that corruption...chaos...what ever you want to call it. Most coaches probably can see it coming too...which will hurt Lanie's chances of going anywhere.

Doubt she could get another "free" year either. So transfer out of conference, and hope she could play next year...or Div II...and doubt dad will go for it anyway.

And... pretty much no matter where she goes, it would be a learning year in a new system.

So playing time would probably be marginal the first year...which may make Dad explode...suppose that's possible ?? :P

Edited by redsteve

1 hour ago, redsteve said:

If Dad's still a helicopter dad, at it's worse...then I agree....no. The last thing this team needs is that corruption...chaos...what ever you want to call it. Most coaches probably can see it coming too...which will hurt Lanie's chances of going anywhere.

Doubt she could get another "free" year either. So transfer out of conference, and hope she could play next year...or Div II...and doubt dad will go for it anyway.

And... pretty much no matter where she goes, it would be a learning year in a new system.

So playing time would probably be marginal the first year...which may make Dad explode...suppose that's possible ?? :P

Maybe I am not understanding the post, but if she transfers to a DI school, she has to sit out next year (even out of conference).  Absent a really bizarre NCAA waiver ruling, any "hope she could play next year"  would be misplaced. 

Just now, HB said:

Maybe I am not understanding the post, but if she transfers to a DI school, she has to sit out next year (even out of conference).  Absent a really bizarre NCAA waiver ruling, any "hope she could play next year"  would be misplaced. 

Note hoping for anything....but Romeo and others have not had to sit out when moving to another conference.

Just now, redsteve said:

Note hoping for anything....but Romeo and others have not had to sit out when moving to another conference.

Romeo involved a coaching change, and illness in the family.  White involved the scandal at Illinois.  But you're right, with the NCAA, who knows anymore. 

1 minute ago, HB said:

Romeo involved a coaching change, and illness in the family.  White involved the scandal at Illinois.  But you're right, with the NCAA, who knows anymore. 

Your right too.....It is a big concern though...especially to Dad probably.

Edited by redsteve

• 1 month later...

Just curious if anyone has heard if Lanie is going to play again or is just done with basketball.  I have heard the latter and find it curious that there has been no news of a new school/team.  Makes me think it might be more than just a rumor, but feel free to disprove it if you have info.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:55 AM, huskerchode said:

Just curious if anyone has heard if Lanie is going to play again or is just done with basketball.  I have heard the latter and find it curious that there has been no news of a new school/team.  Makes me think it might be more than just a rumor, but feel free to disprove it if you have info.

Lanie is staying at K-State to complete her education, but will not play basketball.