2014-15 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

According to one of the Rhode Island fans Lincoln is a dump well then

I wonder how long it's been since that particular fan has been in Lincoln. Thanks to  the Arena and Haymarket Lincoln actually has some fun and pizzaz to it now.

There are pizzaz now?  I love pizza. 

I wonder how long it's been since that particular fan has been in Lincoln. Thanks to  the Arena and Haymarket Lincoln actually has some fun and pizzaz to it now.

Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom

You guys are brutal..... :)  

piz·zazz

noun \pə-ˈzaz\

: a quality or style that is exciting and interesting

Mellow Mushroom

You guys are brutal..... :)  

piz·zazz

noun \pə-ˈzaz\

: a quality or style that is exciting and interesting

Oh, my bad. That guy was over in Brazil.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/bondy-world-cup-diary-hey-mike-piazza-f-filip-article-1.1830046

Rhody fan here.  Pleased with the series.  URI is poised to be a lot better in the coming two years as Coach Hurley is just now getting all the pieces together.   Our team is pretty young with most of the important parts with a year or less playing time.   

Our arena - The Ryan Center:

ryan_center_ribbon_front.jpg?max_width=1

Think your team will enjoy visiting the area since it is on the Atlantic Ocean.  URI has a rural campus located in a colonial era village in a coastal town.  Here are some of the nearby scenes:

Narragansett

ar13499536718851.JPG

The Newport Bridge
Newport_Bridge_Lighthouse_450.jpg

Watch Hill (Westerly, RI)
ocean-house-overview.jpg

View of one of the Newport Mansions (the Breakers is the red roofed building)
00172_newport-ri-aerial.jpg

Rhody fan here. Pleased with the series. URI is poised to be a lot better in the coming two years as Coach Hurley is just now getting all the pieces together. Our team is pretty young with most of the important parts with a year or less playing time.

Our arena - The Ryan Center:

ryan_center_ribbon_front.jpg?max_width=1

Think your team will enjoy visiting the area since it is on the Atlantic Ocean. URI has a rural campus located in a colonial era village in a coastal town. Here are some of the nearby scenes:

Narragansett

ar13499536718851.JPG

The Newport BridgeNewport_Bridge_Lighthouse_450.jpg

Watch Hill (Westerly, RI)ocean-house-overview.jpg

View of one of the Newport Mansions (the Breakers is the red roofed building)00172_newport-ri-aerial.jpg

Thanks for the pictures and welcome to the board. Did enjoy my time in Rhode Island last fall. The houses of the rich and famous were really cool.

Thought that the younger Vanderbilt's house with the gold room was the best. Also the picture of the Halloween costume party were the one women was wearing the Hope Diamond kind of tells you just how rich these people were.

• 2 weeks later...

So can we please schedule Colorado as our 4th game of the tournament.  And if not them someone else, at this point I would be willing to go to another teams gym because I think a road loss wouldn't hurt that much.

Last season ONLY having 30 games hurt us in my opinion.

So can we please schedule Colorado as our 4th game of the tournament.  And if not them someone else, at this point I would be willing to go to another teams gym because I think a road loss wouldn't hurt that much.

Last season ONLY having 30 games hurt us in my opinion.

Not a fraction as much as losing to UAB (and @Penn State to a lesser degree) did.

So looks like we're down to 2-3 games left that we don't know

• 1 home game/season opener
  • 1 likely road game (per what Miles told OWH)

That would get us to 30 - then if we want to play a 31st it'd have to be against someone from the Hawaii tournament at any location. If it's like last year, TV would dictate that matchup, and then we'd have a chance to accept that match or turn it down.

(Maybe we could get a Colorado or Wichita or DePaul to come to Lincoln? As the first game in a home & home? If we had a game scheduled in Chicago in 2015-16 against, say, DePaul, maybe that would be enticing to a certain 2015 recruit?  ;) )

So the home schedule looks like:

• ???
  • Central Arkansas
  • Cincinnati
  • Creighton
  • Illinois
  • Incarnate Word
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Maryland
  • Michigan State
  • Minnesota
  • Northwestern
  • Omaha
  • Rutgers
  • Wisconsin

Not bad - looks like 15-0 to me  ;)

So looks like we're down to 2-3 games left that we don't know

• 1 home game/season opener
  • 1 likely road game (per what Miles told OWH)

That would get us to 30 - then if we want to play a 31st it'd have to be against someone from the Hawaii tournament at any location. If it's like last year, TV would dictate that matchup, and then we'd have a chance to accept that match or turn it down.

(Maybe we could get a Colorado or Wichita or DePaul to come to Lincoln? As the first game in a home & home? If we had a game scheduled in Chicago in 2015-16 against, say, DePaul, maybe that would be enticing to a certain 2015 recruit?  ;) )

So the home schedule looks like:

• ???
  • Central Arkansas
  • Cincinnati
  • Creighton
  • Illinois
  • Incarnate Word
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Maryland
  • Michigan State
  • Minnesota
  • Northwestern
  • Omaha
  • Rutgers
  • Wisconsin

Not bad - looks like 15-0 to me  ;)

I like the way you think, throwback! Getting that additional "tourney" game at DePaul would be a smooth move by Miles & Co.! And, the future B1G basketball tournament championship will also be contested in Chicago at least once (maybe twice?) in the next 5 yrs!! :D