2014-15 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

Mountain West, Missouri Valley and Dakota school teams are rarely going to hurt you in the RPI. Of course, you gotta beat em. 

Miles, I have heard, understands how to construct a schedule that's pleasing to the NCAA Tournament committee. 

As far as RPI is concerned, Miles had a bunch of 'good' losses & a couple 'good' wins in scheduling this year's non-conference season, the 3 'good' losses being a neutral gm. vs. UMass (top 50), @CU (top 10), @Cincy (top 25) and the 2 'good' wins being a neutral gm vs. UGa (top 75) and the pre-arranged B1G/ACC gm vs. Miami (top 75). And, some times, the 'good' losses are as good as the 'good' wins due to their location & opponent.

I have a feeling we will go to Pittsburgh for the ACC-B1G challenge.  

Newspaper near Ohio State campus seems to think they'll get Pittsburgh, since both teams finished 5th in their respective conferences.

For some reason, I think the B1G/ACC could pit a team like NC St or Florida St vs Nebrasketball...

Newspaper near Ohio State campus seems to think they'll get Pittsburgh, since both teams finished 5th in their respective conferences.

For some reason, I think the B1G/ACC could pit a team like NC St or Florida St vs Nebrasketball...

Using that logic, we'd be playing in Chapel Hill. That would be awesome.

I have a feeling we will go to Pittsburgh for the ACC-B1G challenge.

They're not so rigid in how they schedule the opponents. They'll try to predict how teams will be next year and also look for good matchups. If they scheduled solely on the past year's finish, Miami wouldn't have been playing Nebraska this past year.

Coach Miles said on his show last night that NU (paraphrasing) 'would probably get Hawaii first at Diamond Head, so that'll give us another road game' - he probably was being sarcastic, but I couldn't tell for sure.

He also mentioned Creighton & Cincinnati coming to Lincoln - road game for ACC/B1G challenge - but no other non-conference games mentioned

Coach Miles said on his show last night that NU (paraphrasing) 'would probably get Hawaii first at Diamond Head, so that'll give us another road game' - he probably was being sarcastic, but I couldn't tell for sure.

He also mentioned Creighton & Cincinnati coming to Lincoln - road game for ACC/B1G challenge - but no other non-conference games mentioned

Is Standhardinger still going to be around?

Is Standhardinger still going to be around?

Only if he is doing the Grant Gibbs plan for college.

Using that logic, we'd be playing in Chapel Hill. That would be awesome.

Well, it won't be Ohio State playing North Carolina in the B1G/ACC challenge. Those 2 teams will play a neutral-court game in Chicago, likely in late Decemeber: http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/03/ohio_state_to_play_north_carol.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

school will likely be out, hopefully can get a good crowd there

That Saturday is the week finals are over so there will still be kids around.  Im sure many will stay the extra day or two to see that game against a possibly ranked opponent so i dont see a problem with attendance for this game compared to if it were a McNeese State type school.

Has anyone looked into going to Hawaii for that Tournament?  I checked the Hawaiian Airlines website about the Diamond Head Classic and they are offering two different "land" only packages.  So airfare to the islands is not included but all tickets, rooms and a shuttle to and from the arena are provided.