2014-15 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

That must have been the "MAJOR" schedule deal that Shapre mentioned a while back

yea, what came next was OT from this board, but im excited none the less, Ralston Arena is in talks with the nuggets, or possibly bucks to snag a NBDL team. 

Creighton will not be playing UNO this year which is slightly disappointing 

• 2 weeks later...

I find it pretty incredible that we are going to have only 15 home games.  If I remember correctly, we are allowed to have 2 additional regular season games since we are playing in Hawaii, correct?  If so, I would think we would have 14 non-conference games this year.

Backing into the numbers based on above, this is what I would expect for a home-away breakout:

Non-Conference   6 Home    5 Away
Diamondhead Cl                                 3 Neutral (unless, of course, we are subjected to the dreaded officiating playing Hawaii)
Conference          9 Home    9 Away
Total                   15 Home 14 Away    3 Neutral

If that's the case, then there are 4 NC road games to announce, which I would presume will be against pretty good competition.  Florida St is the only true road game announced so far, right?  Even if we play 30 games, there would be 2 more road games to announce.  This is stacking up to be a pretty tough non-conference schedule.

NC Games so far:

Tue, Nov 25      University of NE-Omaha Mon, Dec 1 @ Florida St Sun, Dec 7      Creighton Sat, Dec 13      Cincinnati Mon, Dec 22 @ Diamondhead Classic Tue, Dec 23 @ Diamondhead Classic Thu, Dec 25 @ Diamondhead Classic

I believe we're in the same scheduling boat we were in last year as far as total games, as the Charleston tourney is the same as the Hawaii tourney in the eyes of the NCAA as far as total games on the schedule.

With the 3 games in Hawaii, we can play 12 total non-con games, or we could play 13 non-con games if we play one of the teams that's in the Hawaii tournament as the 13th non-con game, and that game could be played anywhere, as it would be considered the 4th game of the tournament per the NCAA..

So I believe it's with an in-season tournament you can play up to 31 total games (27 + 4), or without an in-season tournament you can play up to 29.

I believe we're in the same scheduling boat we were in last year as far as total games, as the Charleston tourney is the same as the Hawaii tourney in the eyes of the NCAA as far as total games on the schedule.

With the 3 games in Hawaii, we can play 12 total non-con games, or we could play 13 non-con games if we play one of the teams that's in the Hawaii tournament as the 13th non-con game, and that game could be played anywhere, as it would be considered the 4th game of the tournament per the NCAA..

So I believe it's with an in-season tournament you can play up to 31 total games (27 + 4), or without an in-season tournament you can play up to 29.

That's my understanding as well.

And, FWIW Cager, the original post in this thread has all of the games known to date. I do my best to update it as quickly as news break on the scheduling front for Big Red. Only a few more ballgames are unknown at this point with the tourney, primary non-conf & the entire conf slate already booked. GBR!

Rhode Island is an excellent addition.  Very good RPI game.  A team that will likely be a fringe Top 100 RPI team.  Projected to be 6th out of 14 A-10 teams by this forecaster:

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2014/5/28/5757944/ncaa-college-basketball-2014-2015-early-predictions-atlantic-10

In Creighton, FSU, Cincy, UNO, and Rhode Island, you have 5 very solid games against teams projected to be between 50-150 in the RPI next season.  Will be interesting to see what the draw looks like in the Hawaii tournament.  Would be nice to see Wichita St., GW, or Colorado in at least 2 of the 3 games.

Rhode Island home and home... on the road this year, at home next year

Interesting.  So where did this news come from?  If so, I wonder if this is really a 2-1 deal, with the first game in Lincoln a couple of years ago?  I was surprised RI would play us with no return game back then.

Washut mentioned it on Sports Nightly tonight.

Rhode Island home and home... on the road this year, at home next year

Interesting.  So where did this news come from?  If so, I wonder if this is really a 2-1 deal, with the first game in Lincoln a couple of years ago?  I was surprised RI would play us with no return game back then.

Washut mentioned it on Sports Nightly tonight.

Was a dated discussed for the matchup?