OWH College Basketball Preview

cipsucks

Here's what Barfknecht wrote about the Huskers:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20121103/HUSKERS/711039870/1002#miles-brings-a-green-thumb-for-cultivating-success

I'm really looking forward to this season. Not that this year we'll necessarily have a winning record, but that's it's hopefully the first step to getting this program where all Husker fans want it to be. A winner. Kinda like when Bill Snyder was first hired at Kansas State.....

Here's what Barfknecht wrote about the Huskers:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20121103/HUSKERS/711039870/1002#miles-brings-a-green-thumb-for-cultivating-success

I'm really looking forward to this season. Not that this year we'll necessarily have a winning record, but that's it's hopefully the first step to getting this program where all Husker fans want it to be. A winner. Kinda like when Bill Snyder was first hired at Kansas State.....

Interesting comparison to Bill Snyder. Kansas State was simply atrocious when Snyder took over. I am not sure we were ever that bad. I think a better comparison would be Texas Tech when Mike Leach became head coach. Tech had some good years before Leach and maybe won a signature game every few years but was not a national power until Leach installed his system.

Doc and Barry beat one or two good teams a year and advanced to the NIT a few times. Danny Nee had us in the tournament on a semi-regular basis and even won a conference tournament title. Not great but not like Kansas State before Snyder.