Akoy Agau Suspended

Race Bannon

Not surprised he got suspended for attitude issues, The players at Central are allowed to do anything they want.

I do hope he comes to Nebraska if he transfers, but he'll be nothing but a role player. However I have a sneaking suspicion that if he transfers he'll end up at UNO.

Couple things. Teams need role players. But why are we assuming he can't be more than that?

Just from what I've seen out of him. He looks like a 6'9 PF who will be a good defender but most of his offense will be from cleaning up on boards.

So are you saying that is a bad thing ?

Not surprised he got suspended for attitude issues, The players at Central are allowed to do anything they want.

I do hope he comes to Nebraska if he transfers, but he'll be nothing but a role player. However I have a sneaking suspicion that if he transfers he'll end up at UNO.

Couple things. Teams need role players. But why are we assuming he can't be more than that?

Just from what I've seen out of him. He looks like a 6'9 PF who will be a good defender but most of his offense will be from cleaning up on boards.

We could use a guy like that.

We could use a guy like that.

I agree uneblinstu, you can get a lot of and 1s working the offensive boards.

Ben Wallace?

...sooo...has anyone, anyone, anybody heard a word that he is actually contemplating transferring from Louisville?  Heck, suspensions seem to occur more and more often these days, do they all transfer...I think not.

One hundred times this.

Of course it's not a bad thing. Just saying that he's not very skilled offensively.

I've said it before (not sure on here) but I thought Wes Wilkinson was a better player coming out of high school

From what I remember, "one" of the reasons he went to Louisville was to get away from Omaha and his parents.  Not that his parents were bad, he said in an interview, he just needed separation from them.

Would 50 miles be enough?  If he decides to move on, hopefully it would be.

Of course it's not a bad thing. Just saying that he's not very skilled offensively.

I've said it before (not sure on here) but I thought Wes Wilkinson was a better player coming out of high school

It would be nice to have an enforcer under the bucket to make the guards think about coming into the lane.

From what I remember, "one" of the reasons he went to Louisville was to get away from Omaha and his parents.  Not that his parents were bad, he said in an interview, he just needed separation from them.

Would 50 miles be enough?  If he decides to move on, hopefully it would be.

He said that. And 50 miles was plenty for me. Could get home easily when I needed/wanted to and was far enough to have my own life. Each person handles that their own way, but when situations change, so do viewpoints, often times.

The kid was a 4 star player, recruited by Louisville, and from Omaha......I don't understand anyone's rationale who thinks we wouldn't want this kid. 

The kid is from Omaha, recruited from Nebraska, and went to Louisville.  I don't understand anyone's rational who thinks he would want to come back when he already had the chance to be here.

The kid was a 4 star player, recruited by Louisville, and from Omaha......I don't understand anyone's rationale who thinks we wouldn't want this kid. 

The kid is from Omaha, recruited from Nebraska, and went to Louisville.  I don't understand anyone's rational who thinks he would want to come back when he already had the chance to be here.

Maybe because he realized the grass isn't alway greener and wants to go to a place where he can get minutes on the floor instead of the bench.  People do change their mind and realized they may have made a mistake in their orignal decision (like we all have).  I don't think he will transfer but my point was not that he wouldn't want to come back here but to the people who don't think he is not good enough to be here due to his lack of offensive skills.

You mean like the kid from Grant, Nebraska, recruited from Nebraska, and went to Duke? Can't understand how he would come back to Nebraska when he already had the chance to be here? It happened for Bill Jackman.

You mean like the kid from Grant, Nebraska, recruited from Nebraska, and went to Duke? Can't understand how he would come back to Nebraska when he already had the chance to be here? It happened for Bill Jackman.

I understand it has happened, but just because it has happened in the past doesn't mean it is going to happen now.  I'd love to have the dude guarding the rim for us, but people are damn near putting him on our roster already just because he got suspended.  Put the horse back in front of the cart, people!

I believe these are two completely different scenarios though. Bill Jackman came back because of family reasons. He would have stayed at Duke had his dad not died during his freshman year of college. His 1986 Duke class which wound up as the national runner up that year still consider him a teammate and invite him to their reunions still today. 

You don't see the logic behind a kid going a long ways from home, deciding he wants to play closer to home, and then coming home to do that?  Seems like it is fairly straight forward logic and happens a lot. 

You don't see the logic behind a kid going a long ways from home, deciding he wants to play closer to home, and then coming home to do that?  Seems like it is fairly straight forward logic and happens a lot. 

I don't see the logic in thinking the dude is going to transfer here because he was suspended for a few games when he hadn't given any indication (that I know of) that he was unhappy and wanted to leave.

Guess it is kind of like when the hottest girl in school breaks up with her boyfriend and you actually have her in a class, and she knows you, AND she touched your arm once.

So you think , hey I'm going to ask her out and you see her at her locker and she is kissing the guy that she had just broken up with.

Oh well we can all dream a bit, you know.:)

I don't see the logic in thinking the dude is going to transfer here because he was suspended for a few games when he hadn't given any indication (that I know of) that he was unhappy and wanted to leave.

Completely different issue.  I have no reason to believe he wants to leave either.  But if one makes an assumption that a kid does want to leave, it is a logical deduction he would consider wanting to play closer to home IMO. 

Guess it is kind of like when the hottest girl in school breaks up with her boyfriend and you actually have her in a class, and she knows you, AND she touched your arm once.

So you think , hey I'm going to ask her out and you see her at her locker and she is kissing the guy that she had just broken up with.

Oh well we can all dream a bit, you know.:)

See in movies the guy always walks away like crap they are back together and we see that it was actually her ex that forced the kiss. She then slaps him and walks away leaving all of us to go "you dummy!" Should of stayed there!