Creighton Cobra Kai

hhcmatt

So I again ask the question, when a person is on the floor (Petteway) and an opposing player (Gibbs) dives directly on the other player (Petteway), why is that not a foul?  I can see a no call when there is a spontanious pile where all converge at the same time.  But in this instance Petteway is established an Gibbs initiates contact.  If they were both standing it would be a foul, so why not in this instance?

So I again ask the question, when a person is on the floor (Petteway) and an opposing player (Gibbs) dives directly on the other player (Petteway), why is that not a foul?  I can see a no call when there is a spontanious pile where all converge at the same time.  But in this instance Petteway is established an Gibbs initiates contact.  If they were both standing it would be a foul, so why not in this instance?

Classic basketball common sense right there. You touch a guy's wrist when he's dribbling the ball: foul. You literally leave all fours and jump on a guy with the ball on the floor: not a foul.

Any respect I had for McDermott, I lost very quickly when I saw his tweet. They didn't replay the initial camera angle as much (the one they replayed makes Gibbs look less like a dick) but on the angle they used originally on the play when it was live, you clearly see Gibbs taking a swing (and missing, entertainingly) at Terran's head. Look at the 0:10 point.

If that's hustle, why do we even have a basketball? Hell, let's go full-on UFC. Gibbs is disgusting, obviously, but this we knew. I thought McDermott was better than that, but nope. He's just as bad for encouraging that. I think Doug Gottlieb has something to say about that sort of play?

Someone said it in another thread, but I would LOVE to see Gibbs try that on Terran off the court somewhere. He would be down in .2 second and it wouldn't even be close. As much as I was frustrated by watching TP earlier in the season, he's grown on me a lot the past couple games, and his play just sealed his spot as one of my favorite Huskers of all time...and really, is there ever an excuse to NOT straight-up clock Grant Gibbs?

The play that Terran made to dive for the ball was pure hustle and wasn't dick move by any stretch of the imagination.  Gibbs, OTOH, wasn't making a play on the ball.  He was just being a dick, as everyone else has already pointed out.  But there's a minute left in a game we've already lost and Petteway hasn't given up.  Good for Terran.

Wow, Gibbs threw a punch at :10. He should be suspended. That's not 2 players going at it. That's one guy jumping on the other, putting his elbow on his neck, and then swinging with the right arm toward his face. Only after that is when Petteway responds by putting Gibbs in a headlock. What a bunch of crap.

I was indifferent to CU before this game, just didn't care. However, seeing how the team and coaching staff reacted to the F2 and ensuing tweets, etc I lost all respect for the entrie program. Can't wait for next year.  This game alone will get me to renew my season tickets.   Terran showed class apologizing to the team.  Also appeciate Miles' comment.  The future is bright.  #GBR

I don't understand Coach McDermott's motive to put that on twitter.  Nothing positive will come from it.  I am disappointed because I respect him as a coach and person, less now.  You won the game because your team executed extremely well, especially early, be proud.  The play he is tweeting about had nothing to do with the outcome of the game and it makes no sense as the winning coach to bring attention to it because it actually takes the focus away from how well his team played.

I was indifferent to CU before this game, just didn't care. However, seeing how the team and coaching staff reacted to the F2 and ensuing tweets, etc I lost all respect for the entrie program. Can't wait for next year.  This game alone will get me to renew my season tickets.   Terran showed class apologizing to the team.  Also appeciate Miles' comment.  The future is bright.  #GBR

Yeah didn't care either, actually could have called me a huskay (?). but the year we beat them in Lincoln and some 17 year old kid told me to go start my tractor, that is when I turned. I could care less about them.

End of story.