Creighton Cobra Kai

hhcmatt

Wow.  He did say that.  And much more.  What a prick.  I say that with a tone of amazement in my voice because, while I knew he was, well, kind of a prick, I didn't realize his prickishness ran that deep.

BUUUUUT, let's just say the apple didn't fall far from the tree, m'kay?  Just sayin.

His dad is something else, but I never minded his mom that much.

She was my junior high gym teacher.

Didn't know the mom, but I feel for her.  The dad really is something else.  Can you imagine a guy living in Lincoln Nebraska during the Tom Osborne era who deliberately raised his kids to HATE the hometown team?  What kind of social misfit does that to his own kids?  And you see what they turned out like.  Afterall, just go to Jimmy's twitter feed.  The guy has some kind of massive complex.  The sad part is it makes me want to root against his Central City team just because they're coached by him.  Hey, it's not the kids' fault their school hired a jackass to be their coach.  Yet, if they fail, he fails.  I'm torn.

Wow, those psychos have a 47 page thread going, all because of the little brother syndrome they have.  All the meltdowns over there are quite entertaining.  You talk about being obsessed with Nebraska.  Wow.  There are truly some of them that hate Nebraska more than they even like Creighton.  Quite the fanbase. 

Double douche coming especially unhinged.  Hard to belive that douche ran for school board.  Sad state of affairs if people like him are in charge of anything. 

Please let this thread die. We're embarrassing ourselves.

The embarrassment has not even reached the same stratosphere as what has happened "over there".

I have admittedly not watched as much basketball in my 33 years of life as other posters on this board.  However, based on only my personal experience, I have never seen a player shadier than Grant Gibbs in my life.  What he lacks in talent, athleticism, speed, etc., he tries to account for this by trash talking, dirty play, and flopping.

Provided he doesn't get, seemingly, a 9th year of eligibility next year, that weasel should make an immediate run for Congress; he fits the mold.

He would roll me up and smoke me in a fight, but it would be worth it just for the chance to crack him in his smug face.

Looks like the moderators finally opted to put that thread to bed.  63 pages of those idiots being more worried about Nebraska athletics than their own program.  You don't check for a few days and miss 20 more pages of obsession.  Like a train wreck you just cannot help not watching.  Even the Creighton folks realize Double Douche is a douche.  Never seen so many elitist pricks turn on each other in one thread.  Was quite the meltdown.  Even plastering videos of each other making asses of themselves and what not.  Would have gone on forever.  It was proof that they care far more about us than their own ballclub.  Hardly any basketball discussion over there.  But 63 pages of little brother syndrome. 

OK, so curiosity got the better of me and I went over and checked out the epic, now-deceased thread "over there."  The meltdown was over whether it's OK for Creighton hoops fans to like Nebraska football or not.  Or, conversely, whether it's OK for people who like Nebraska football to call themselves Creighton basketball fans.

Really? 

Those guys are that shallow?

I mean, everyone posting in that thread is an imbecile.  And if it happened that I actually knew any of them personally, I would think less of them.

Jayskers, you are absolutely welcome to cheer on the Husker football team AFAIC.  And if that causes some "over there" to reject your Creighton basketball fan card, you'd be welcome to cheer on the Husker hoops team, too.

Kind of going with the whole "Jaysker" theme, it had to really hurt some Jays fans at the NU/CU game where they honored Howard Hawks before the game (not sure if it was a fan of the game, but something similar).  He was wearing a shirt that was half Huskers, half Jays.  He is obviously a big booster for both programs.

• 4 years later...
17 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Wanted to pull the trigger on this BBB printing shirt but idk if enough people would get it.

279771CC-6BFE-43B9-B54B-7E761E34371E.jpeg

There's already at "t" at the end of "eight", so the additional "T" is unnecessary. No wonder nobody gets it. Glad you didn't buy it - it's a bad design.

15 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

i love guys that play that way...All our, if you get called for the foul, so be it....I would take a couple of guys like that on my team....any coach would.

I agree, but (if not on your team) those players are VERY easy to hate. Aaron Craft and Grayson Allen are some other examples that come to mind.

4 hours ago, dustystehl said:

I agree, but (if not on your team) those players are VERY easy to hate. Aaron Craft and Grayson Allen are some other examples that come to mind.

Those guys had talent though. Gibbs didn’t. Plus, he was like 35 years old. There’s also the North Carolina dirty play along with countless others. The fact that he played for Creighton probably made it worse, but if he played for North Dakota State, he would have still been one of the biggest delta bravos to play D1 around that time period. 

Edited by Busch Light

14 hours ago, royalfan said:

I am all about getting under people’s skin, talking trash, playing hard nosed etc.  

i am not all about wanting dirty players or players that do what Gibbs did here on my team.  

I actually can't stand guys that talk trash...but if they play hard, dive for balls, tkae charges....do the little things that no one else will do...that some consider on the line of being dirty...I like it...

I cannot stand guys that hang on the rim after a dunk, stare down opponents after a big play, talk trash....to me those are things that drive me crazy and take away from the game.

I have played a lot of basketball and I know I have gotten under people's skin...but it has usually been from Boxing out every play, setting screens and taking charges....When I have coached kids that try to get under the skin by talking trash...I tell them that if you want to frustrate your opponent...box out every single play...it will frustrate the heck out of many basketball players...

I never saw Grant Gibbs as dirty... I don't see Draymond Green as dirty...I never thought Bill Laimbeer as dirty....Do they occasionally cross the line...yep and the  officials should have punished them when they do.

i say the same thing about guys that talk trash, if they cross the line, it is the officials job to call the T...to keep it within reasonable limits.....players will push the line as far as they can....it is why travelling is so bad in the NBA...the players keep trying to see what they can get away with.....and the officials keep ignoring it.

17 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

I actually can't stand guys that talk trash...but if they play hard, dive for balls, tkae charges....do the little things that no one else will do...that some consider on the line of being dirty...I like it...

Does Brad Davison at Wisconsin fit the bill for this?