Learning mode

Huskerpapa

Structured patterned offense - Doc Sadler

Motion offense predicated on how your man is playing you - Tim Miles

Doc's teams ran the same sets and patterns 1-4 set looking to get the ball entered into the post. Weave action, etc. A ton of high low action and the determination that the shot clock was going to be used as a weapon to slow down the other team.

Coach Miles wants the players to see how they are being played and then react to it. If they are playing you tight - go backdoor. If they are playing behind the screener or low on the screen then flare instead of cut.

There is no true set pattern, but rules that players are to follow within the flow. So I really think that in 5 possessions you might look at this offense and see something different all 5 times down the floor based on how the defense plays and where the initial pass goes.

Structured patterned offense - Doc Sadler

Motion offense predicated on how your man is playing you - Tim Miles

Doc's teams ran the same sets and patterns 1-4 set looking to get the ball entered into the post. Weave action, etc. A ton of high low action and the determination that the shot clock was going to be used as a weapon to slow down the other team.

Coach Miles wants the players to see how they are being played and then react to it. If they are playing you tight - go backdoor. If they are playing behind the screener or low on the screen then flare instead of cut.

There is no true set pattern, but rules that players are to follow within the flow. So I really think that in 5 possessions you might look at this offense and see something different all 5 times down the floor based on how the defense plays and where the initial pass goes.

On top of that there is a million ways to play a motion. Huge differences between what Bob Knight did and what his protege Coach K do with motion. Dick Bennett's mover-blocker system is closer to Knight's than Duke's version.

I'm pretty sure you two are arguing in circles. I think Creighton Fan is pointing out that he's "playing now" as in practicing with the team, you're equating "playing now" with playing in games.

Right on.

This whole thing started when I innocently said that maybe Biggs missing out on the summer practice time that all of the other recruits got to take advantage of could be part of the reason for he would be behind another player at the PG position. In response, I got an unneccessarily rude response along with a claim that "he's not playing." At the time, I thought the poster meant that he wasn't playing at all, which he most certainly is/was in practice. Now realizing what the poster actually meant, it is obvious that his response was not only unecessarily rude, but it didn't make a lick of sense either since, acording to the OWH, the redshirt decision was only recently determined.

To those of you who have responded to my posts without the corresponding rudeness of a certain poster, I appreciate it. I promise to do likewise.

I'm not so sure that they shouldn't redshirt Ubel as well as Biggs this year. With this team on the floor we might win as many as 3 confrerence games max. Why not try to be at least respectable next year. This would be even more important if we don't get a PF commit this year.

We need Ubel's scholarship spot for the 2013 class. Time to move forward. Next couple of years could be rough but the time is now to try to upgrade the talent.

Now realizing what the poster actually meant, it is obvious that his response was not only unecessarily rude, but it didn't make a lick of sense either since, acording to the OWH, the redshirt decision was only recently determined.

Actually Biggs has been stating from day 1 that he was going to redshirt and has never changed his mind. As one poster pointed out, he could still change his mind at any point during the regular season.

To those of you who have responded to my posts without the corresponding rudeness of a certain poster, I appreciate it. I promise to do likewise.

You can choose to engage or not engage with posters that you find "rude".

I can tell you that "Trolling Nebraska Fan" is going to win over "Passive Aggressive fan of another team" repeatedly.