2012-2013 KenPom Rankings Thread

49r

I kind of don't care about what any of our rankings this year being a transition year and that our walkons are getting so much playing time. But I just needed to comment because this thread just reminded me that the local (omaha) band named Pomeroy or whatever was a thing. Oh the good ol' days.

As of November, 19. Not much change other than a little shuffling in the top ten. Oregon and Valpo have moved out of the triple digits and into the double digits. Oregon making the biggest jump. Nebraska dropped (due, in no small part to the level of competition played) a couple spots.

Penn State has plummeted more than 40 spots since the season began.

1. Indiana

6. Ohio State

7. Michigan

8. Wisconsin

9. Michigan State

12. Minnesota

51. Iowa

53. Purdue

55. Illinois

76. Northwestern

111. Penn State

211. Nebraska

Games Played:

323. Southern - W

97. Valpariaso - W

328. UNO - W

Upcoming non-cons:

113. Tulane

165. Kent State

218. @Wake Forest

155. Southern Cal

26. Creighton

79. @Oregon

182. Jacksonville State

---Sun Bowl Invitational--

315. Central Michigan

100./333. UTEP/Ark PB

306. Nicholls State

This team will be very similar in conference record as what they had last year. They'll be right in the 4 to 6 win range in conference.

Miles should get coach of they year if this comes to fruition. I'm just not seeing it, Big 10 might be the best basketball conference in the nation this year and we are not only lacking depth we are lacking talent. If he can string together 4 to 6 wins with that schedule he will have done a fanstastic job this year.

Penn St, Northwestern, Purdue have a lot of work to do. We play those teams five times. There's some wins there. Iowa and Illinois will be splitable. Unless they get ravaged by injuries, this team isn't as bad as many people are saying it is. At worst, they'll finish where they did last year in terms of wins. I know the top of the league is good. Very good. Perhaps even great, but the bottom will present opportunities for some wins.

One thing that I am excited to see is Coach Miles game plans against some of the top tier Big 10 teams. I think that he will have us in all but a few games, probably on the road, where we may get blown out a few times. Hey I know it's a long way off, but there is nothing to say we steal a few conference wins we should not, and do something with this season.

NOTE: By do something I mean like NIT bubble. There is possibilities out there.

Things keep looking up!

As they say on "The Biggest Loser" when they get below 200 lbs, we've made it to ONE-derland! #198

Kenpom as of 11-22-12 (Happy Thanksgiving everyone!)

1. Indiana

3. Wisconsin

7. Michigan

8. Ohio State

11. Michigan State

12. Minnesota

34. Illinois

49. Purdue

58. Iowa

76. Northwestern

114. Penn State

198. Nebraska

Games Played:

322. Southern - W

92. Valpariaso - W

328. UNO - W

119. Tulane - W

Upcoming non-cons:

176. Kent State

213. @Wake Forest

149. Southern Cal

24. Creighton

74. @Oregon

205. Jacksonville State

---Sun Bowl Invitational--

301. Central Michigan

95./337. UTEP/Ark PB

306. Nicholls State

Wow. Wouldn't it be freaking wild if we went into Winston Salem and beat Wake Forest on the road after losing to them last year at home with a much more talented roster? If they can lose to Iona by 30, they sure as hell can lose to us.

It could very well be two 7-0 teams squaring off when Creighton comes to town. I know first Kent, but the way this team plays, and everything.

To be honest with you, "the way this team plays" is pretty mediocre. Unless you're referring to their tenacity to somehow find a way to squeeze out a win. ;)

Thats what I love about this team, is that no matter what people say or what Vegas lines are, they are always playing with a lot of heart, and play like they THINK they can win. That is key

A few notes from Realtime RPI

-- They have us beating Creighton! Could not believe my eyes.

-- They have us losing every road game, which was probably to be expected.

-- Valpo is 4-1 and so they have that down as a quality win right now.

-- None of this will matter when they update and have us at a 13-17 overall record and 4-14 Big 10 conference