Some_Fulla

How Good Is Tai Webster??

99 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

I question the level of competition Andrew White is facing in his workout video, however.

 

What this video shows me is: 1. I could do this with a week and lots of edits, 2. AWIII is clearly a good pickup against one-on-one intramural competition, and 3. hearing or seeing AWIII still makes me cringe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tai is clearly the better all-around player, and their predraft videos show that as well. I really think Tai could get drafted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Really like some of the shooting work they had him doing.  Something our shooters could be doing this summer.

 

Is it me or does Tai always looks like he is fading back from the waist up on his jump shot, think he would be more consistent if he went straight up and down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

 

Is it me or does Tai always looks like he is fading back from the waist up on his jump shot, think he would be more consistent if he went straight up and down.

No he wouldn't. He seems to have been working to improve his shot by getting the shoulders back. You should land slightly in front of where you take off on your jump shot but you need to get the shoulders back. When that happens it creates a flatter angle at the shoulder giving you more arch and a more consistent shot. Here are some people who have shot with their shoulders back in the past and going forward.

 shooting.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huskers Looking for First Draft Pick of 21st Century

No Nebraska Basketball player has been chosen in the NBA draft since 1999

https://www.btpowerhouse.com/2017/6/21/15843726/nebraska-basketball-cornhuskers-looking-first-nba-draft-pick-21st-century

 

626189674.0.jpg

 

6568. 

 

That’s how many days it has been since Venson Hamilton was drafted by the Houston Rockets with the 50th pick of the 1999 NBA draft. Despite Big-12 player of the year honors his senior season, and setting school records that still stand to this day, he never played a single minute in the NBA. Instead, he enjoyed a lengthy career overseas.

 

What’s special about Hamilton? I’m not simply telling you this story because I feel like it (although it is kind of an interesting one), I’m telling you all of this because Hamilton was the last Cornhusker selected in an NBA draft. 

 

There hasn’t been a single one since.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, 49r said:

Huskers Looking for First Draft Pick of 21st Century

No Nebraska Basketball player has been chosen in the NBA draft since 1999

https://www.btpowerhouse.com/2017/6/21/15843726/nebraska-basketball-cornhuskers-looking-first-nba-draft-pick-21st-century

 

626189674.0.jpg

 

6568. 

 

 

 

 

That's how many weeks it has been since Nebraska won an outright regular season conference championship in men's basketball.  ;)

Edited by cipsucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Well whatever 100*52 comes to :)

 

Sorry.  That was the prophetic coming out in me. 

 

My inner Nustudent says 6568 is the year we win our first NCAA Tourney game.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to repeat what I have said for four years, Tai is a very good basketball player.  Oftentimes a player is only judged by one facet of his/her game.  Tai can score, he still needs to improve his shot, but he can defend, he plays with a chip and he has other intangibles that elevates his game.  Glad he stuck with the Huskers for four years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2017 at 11:59 PM, Dean Smith said:

No he wouldn't. He seems to have been working to improve his shot by getting the shoulders back. You should land slightly in front of where you take off on your jump shot but you need to get the shoulders back. When that happens it creates a flatter angle at the shoulder giving you more arch and a more consistent shot. Here are some people who have shot with their shoulders back in the past and going forward.

 shooting.jpg

 

And notice, no winging left elbows in the bunch.  I like the guide-hand position of 4 out of the 6.  The other two have produced good enough results that they can shoot it however they want to.

 

Dean, is that one image with 6 pictures combined or did you somehow find six images roughly the same size that fit together nicely like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

 

And notice, no winging left elbows in the bunch.  I like the guide-hand position of 4 out of the 6.  The other two have produced good enough results that they can shoot it however they want to.

 

Dean, is that one image with 6 pictures combined or did you somehow find six images roughly the same size that fit together nicely like that?

The bottom three was one picture but the bottom left was Damian Lillard. I'm of the opinion when you talk about shooters, Reggie Miller carries more weight so I put him on top. The other three were separate pictures that I resized in Word and put them all together. I then had to screenshot the six of them together to turn it into one picture and compress the picture so it was small enough to upload. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The perfect jump shot was owned by #44, Zeke  from Cabin Creek, the Logo, Jerry West.   Mr. West also has a pretty good eye for BB talent.

Edited by Cazzie22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a pretty good shooter a few years back that I believe is greatly underrated (if that is at all possible).

Image result for pete maravich shooting form

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 points a game in college.  He had great form, but literally could get his shot off from anywhere and with five players focused on him,

Image result for pete maravich shooting form

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the draft drought continues, Tai didn't make it into the draft tonight.

 

And going to Syracuse didn't help AW-II with his retirement plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here was the breakdown for the Big Ten:

 

Milwaukee Bucks: Rd. 1, Pick 17: D.J. Wilson (Michigan)

Toronto Raptors: Rd. 1, Pick 23: OG Anunoby (Indiana)

Portland Trail Blazers: Rd. 1, Pick 26: Caleb Swanigan (Purdue)

Los Angeles Lakers: Rd. 2, Pick 42: Thomas Bryant (Indiana)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Here was the breakdown for the Big Ten:

 

Milwaukee Bucks: Rd. 1, Pick 17: D.J. Wilson (Michigan)

Toronto Raptors: Rd. 1, Pick 23: OG Anunoby (Indiana)

Portland Trail Blazers: Rd. 1, Pick 26: Caleb Swanigan (Purdue)

Los Angeles Lakers: Rd. 2, Pick 42: Thomas Bryant (Indiana)

Pretty slim pickings given there were what 60 picks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Down year plus coaching emphasis on team concept. Curious how other "major" conferences fared. Anyone care to research and post? I'm too lazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Down year plus coaching emphasis on team concept. Curious how other "major" conferences fared. Anyone care to research and post? I'm too lazy.

 

Duke had as many players drafted as the B1G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.