How Good Is Tai Webster??

Some_Fulla

54 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Down year plus coaching emphasis on team concept. Curious how other "major" conferences fared. Anyone care to research and post? I'm too lazy.

Pac-12: 14 (6 first round)

ACC: 14 (10 first round)

Big 12: 6 (2 first round)

Big Ten: 4 (3 first round)

SEC: 4 (3 first round)

AAC: 3 (0 first round)

Big East: 3 (2 first round)

WCC: 2 (1 first round)

Horizon: 1 (0 first round)

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Tai play for Golden State vs Philly last night in the Vegas league. He got in the start of the 2nd & 4th quarters getting maybe 10-12 minutes. Not really much of a run out. He didn't hurt the team but not many positives. I think he got one of everything. 1 rebound, 1 turnover, 1 assist (should of had 3 but players missed easy shots), 1 steal but 0-1 on the night with a badly missed three.

He got the ball on the left baseline and started his bump/spin move baseline like he did for the Huskers so many times but once he beat his man instead of going to the basket he reversed out and passed the ball off. He played 90% of his time as the point but looked like they had him on a very short leash. 

15 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Barfknecht says in today's OWH, Tai went vegan in January.  Was that posted on here and I missed it?  So much for getting a gig as a spokesman for Nebraska Star Beef...  ;)

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/barfknecht-can-tim-miles-solve-nebraska-basketball-puzzle-coach-s/article_6e234d6d-f9b8-538d-aeb6-f47b2e9cb094.html

Well after the fact, but still there a while ago.

19 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Barfknecht says in today's OWH, Tai went vegan in January.  Was that posted on here and I missed it?  So much for getting a gig as a spokesman for Nebraska Star Beef...  ;)

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/barfknecht-can-tim-miles-solve-nebraska-basketball-puzzle-coach-s/article_6e234d6d-f9b8-538d-aeb6-f47b2e9cb094.html

Actually, you didn't miss it ...

6 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Well after the fact, but still there a while ago.

It was out there long before then. I remember Kent and Matt talking about it on a broadcast early in conference play. I think it was discussed on an interview or two with him and think it was mentioned a couple other places over the course of the season.

Tai had a great year but it had a lot to do with increased usage than it did with improved performance (with the exception of him increasing his assist rate)  He impressively took approximately 47% of all his shots his senior year.

His non-conference and conference splits aren't that different thought his conference numbers weren't as good.  Maybe veganism was the culprit. Maybe it was all the minutes. Maybe teams had him scouted by then.

The biggest things to replace from his will be his ability to get to the line and his defense.

His shooting and decision-making, especially in crunch time, will be quite replaceable.

2 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

I agree.  With their spacing and shooters on the perimeter, I'd think Tai would have some nice driving lanes.

I think he could make himself into a version of Shaun Livingston, that block shows he is more than athletic enough. My only hope is that he wasn't given a whole bunch of min because they already had a decent idea of what he is and whether or not they would bring him on too their G-League team 

6 hours ago, bobcat402 said:

It'd be nice to see if Gstate keeps him on their G-League team, he may have better offers back home, but I think he could play himself into something on that roster 

Idk if this has been discussed on here, but the NBA has new, two way G-League/NBA contacts, each team gets two extra roster spots for these players. Players will make 75,000 - 250,000 a year on these contracts. It will help legitimize the G-League and keep US players at home - maybe a possible landing spot for Tai.