How Good Is Tai Webster??

Some_Fulla

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

I question the level of competition Andrew White is facing in his workout video, however.

What this video shows me is: 1. I could do this with a week and lots of edits, 2. AWIII is clearly a good pickup against one-on-one intramural competition, and 3. hearing or seeing AWIII still makes me cringe.

6 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Really like some of the shooting work they had him doing.  Something our shooters could be doing this summer.

Is it me or does Tai always looks like he is fading back from the waist up on his jump shot, think he would be more consistent if he went straight up and down.

4 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

Is it me or does Tai always looks like he is fading back from the waist up on his jump shot, think he would be more consistent if he went straight up and down.

No he wouldn't. He seems to have been working to improve his shot by getting the shoulders back. You should land slightly in front of where you take off on your jump shot but you need to get the shoulders back. When that happens it creates a flatter angle at the shoulder giving you more arch and a more consistent shot. Here are some people who have shot with their shoulders back in the past and going forward.

shooting.jpg

Huskers Looking for First Draft Pick of 21st Century

No Nebraska Basketball player has been chosen in the NBA draft since 1999

https://www.btpowerhouse.com/2017/6/21/15843726/nebraska-basketball-cornhuskers-looking-first-nba-draft-pick-21st-century

626189674.0.jpg

That’s how many days it has been since Venson Hamilton was drafted by the Houston Rockets with the 50th pick of the 1999 NBA draft. Despite Big-12 player of the year honors his senior season, and setting school records that still stand to this day, he never played a single minute in the NBA. Instead, he enjoyed a lengthy career overseas.

What’s special about Hamilton? I’m not simply telling you this story because I feel like it (although it is kind of an interesting one), I’m telling you all of this because Hamilton was the last Cornhusker selected in an NBA draft. 

There hasn’t been a single one since.

4 hours ago, 49r said:

Huskers Looking for First Draft Pick of 21st Century

No Nebraska Basketball player has been chosen in the NBA draft since 1999

https://www.btpowerhouse.com/2017/6/21/15843726/nebraska-basketball-cornhuskers-looking-first-nba-draft-pick-21st-century

626189674.0.jpg

That's how many weeks it has been since Nebraska won an outright regular season conference championship in men's basketball.  ;)

Edited by cipsucks

I am going to repeat what I have said for four years, Tai is a very good basketball player.  Oftentimes a player is only judged by one facet of his/her game.  Tai can score, he still needs to improve his shot, but he can defend, he plays with a chip and he has other intangibles that elevates his game.  Glad he stuck with the Huskers for four years!

On 6/19/2017 at 11:59 PM, Dean Smith said:

No he wouldn't. He seems to have been working to improve his shot by getting the shoulders back. You should land slightly in front of where you take off on your jump shot but you need to get the shoulders back. When that happens it creates a flatter angle at the shoulder giving you more arch and a more consistent shot. Here are some people who have shot with their shoulders back in the past and going forward.

shooting.jpg

And notice, no winging left elbows in the bunch.  I like the guide-hand position of 4 out of the 6.  The other two have produced good enough results that they can shoot it however they want to.

Dean, is that one image with 6 pictures combined or did you somehow find six images roughly the same size that fit together nicely like that?

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

And notice, no winging left elbows in the bunch.  I like the guide-hand position of 4 out of the 6.  The other two have produced good enough results that they can shoot it however they want to.

Dean, is that one image with 6 pictures combined or did you somehow find six images roughly the same size that fit together nicely like that?

The bottom three was one picture but the bottom left was Damian Lillard. I'm of the opinion when you talk about shooters, Reggie Miller carries more weight so I put him on top. The other three were separate pictures that I resized in Word and put them all together. I then had to screenshot the six of them together to turn it into one picture and compress the picture so it was small enough to upload. 

35 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Here was the breakdown for the Big Ten:

Milwaukee Bucks: Rd. 1, Pick 17: D.J. Wilson (Michigan)

Toronto Raptors: Rd. 1, Pick 23: OG Anunoby (Indiana)

Portland Trail Blazers: Rd. 1, Pick 26: Caleb Swanigan (Purdue)

Los Angeles Lakers: Rd. 2, Pick 42: Thomas Bryant (Indiana)

Pretty slim pickings given there were what 60 picks