Nebraska (3-0) vs UMass (3-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

I truly don't understand the rules of basketball anymore. I have never been so confused in my life.

I thought the changes were pretty clear, but seeing them get officiated is another issue. They wanted to increase scoring by cutting down on hand mugging, flopping on charges (which actually hurt us to day at a key moment), and last second sliding under an offensive player under the basket. that's pretty much it.

there was nothing about never, ever again being able to make contact with another player.

I truly don't understand the rules of basketball anymore. I have never been so confused in my life.

I thought the changes were pretty clear, but seeing them get officiated is another issue. They wanted to increase scoring by cutting down on hand mugging, flopping on charges (which actually hurt us to day at a key moment), and last second sliding under an offensive player under the basket. that's pretty much it.

there was nothing about never, ever again being able to make contact with another player.

That charge on Deverell was the one that really hurt....He did not extend his elbow or anything like that...kicks out to Shavon and he hits a 3 that would have tied it.  They flopped twice in the last minute and got both calls and tried for third when Tai dished to Rivers, who probably should have fallen down so he would have went to the free throw line.

That charge on Deverell was the one that really hurt....He did not extend his elbow or anything like that...kicks out to Shavon and he hits a 3 that would have tied it.  They flopped twice in the last minute and got both calls and tried for third when Tai dished to Rivers, who probably should have fallen down so he would have went to the free throw line.

Flops are a killer this year... Because refs can not watch every player and every matchup... if you flop your likely going to get a call.  What are you susposed to do as a defender when a guy cutting across the lane runs into you while your susposed to be plaing defense??  That call on Smith was horrid.

I believe the rule change was a good idea as it was to stop the hand checking and pushing players with the forearm. It also was to stop the guy getting to the charge spot late. And I think,it has stopped those things..

What has also happened because of some misinterpretation of the new rules, there is to be NO CONTACT at all, which some have rightly pointed out is impossible.

I feel that the players have done a better job of trying to change. But now have decided to just not play defense at all and coaches are really not going to like that.

Things will change, and this will become just a bad dream. But it will be a loss which really stinks the most.

(gets down off of soap box, adjusts tinfoil hat and waddles off to the nearest Cold Stone Creamery)

Flops are a killer this year... Because refs can not watch every player and every matchup... if you flop your likely going to get a call.  What are you susposed to do as a defender when a guy cutting across the lane runs into you while your susposed to be plaing defense??  That call on Smith was horrid.

He got bodyslammed according to that idiot announcing the game. 

He got bodyslammed according to that idiot announcing the game.