uneblinstu's post game chatter: vol 6, ed 4 - SC State

Huskerpapa

I will repeat what I said in my original take on David Rivers.  He does the little things that others do not do.  He is not out there looking for his fair share of the shots.  He knows and understands his role.  You need glue players, and both Benny and David seem to fit that role. 

Rivers can score.  He can rebound, he can defend (both on the perimeter and in the paint.)  He also is out on the perimeter on the offensive side, setting picks, rotating the ball and making others on his team look better.  He may not play huge minutes, but the fifteen to twenty minutes he earns per game are going to be important minutes for this team.

As far as the discipline issues, some have touched on them.  It is the facial expressions...the arms thrown into the air...the seemingly quick shots...it is the little shoves, or words to the other team.  There is a difference between being tough and acting boorish.  Nobody may have crossed that line yet, but if the behaivior isn't checked, it may end up costing us games. 

I am not attempting to be overly critical.  It may just be new guys trying to prove themselves.  In fact I hope that is all it is, but as the season moves forward, it is important that lack of discipline does not become a problem.

I also note that one of the referees was Brook Wells.  Unless I am mistaken, young Mr. Wells is a Grand Island kid, who's dad is a well known area ref.

CWG, you're right. I know the family well and had a friend of mine text me from the game saying that Brooks was on the crew. He does a nice job and has really risen up the ladder fairly quickly. Will be fun to see where his career goes.

I also note that one of the referees was Brook Wells.  Unless I am mistaken, young Mr. Wells is a Grand Island kid, who's dad is a well known area ref.

CWG, you're right. I know the family well and had a friend of mine text me from the game saying that Brooks was on the crew. He does a nice job and has really risen up the ladder fairly quickly. Will be fun to see where his career goes.

Thought it was him.  I think I saw his Dad after the game as well.  And welcome to HHC tjp.

I was just a few rows behind the husker bench. I know without a doubt that Miles looked down the bench and yelled "hey peltz" and the mike came over and talked to coach miles, I couldn't tell what they were saying but I almost got the impression it was more mike who didn't want to go in the game, I could be wrong on that but I do know that miles called him specifically

I'm sure others noticed the official timeout during which we had a guest wearing stripes spending quite a bit of time in our huddle conversing with Miles and with Petteway.  Wondering what that was all about.

only saw the second half online but was it Hightower?  He is retiring next month and if it was him they could have been talking to him.  Crean at Indiana stopped the game with a minute left to honor him at his game the other night.

I also note that one of the referees was Brook Wells. Unless I am mistaken, young Mr. Wells is a Grand Island kid, who's dad is a well known area ref.

I have family in Grand Island with the last name of Wells. Wonder if it's the same family tree

I was just a few rows behind the husker bench. I know without a doubt that Miles looked down the bench and yelled "hey peltz" and the mike came over and talked to coach miles, I couldn't tell what they were saying but I almost got the impression it was more mike who didn't want to go in the game, I could be wrong on that but I do know that miles called him specifically

fans imaginations always run wild on these things. could a been maybe he felt bad and coach was just checking to see if he was good enough to go in the game. I had a few of those in my own childhood.

I'm sure others noticed the official timeout during which we had a guest wearing stripes spending quite a bit of time in our huddle conversing with Miles and with Petteway.  Wondering what that was all about.

only saw the second half online but was it Hightower?  He is retiring next month and if it was him they could have been talking to him.  Crean at Indiana stopped the game with a minute left to honor him at his game the other night.

Speaking of Hightower, that was the reason for the Pitchford was ejected.  He was having a conversation with a SC St player that Hightower thought was directed towards him.

I'm sure others noticed the official timeout during which we had a guest wearing stripes spending quite a bit of time in our huddle conversing with Miles and with Petteway. Wondering what that was all about.

only saw the second half online but was it Hightower? He is retiring next month and if it was him they could have been talking to him. Crean at Indiana stopped the game with a minute left to honor him at his game the other night.

Speaking of Hightower, that was the reason for the Pitchford was ejected. He was having a conversation with a SC St player that Hightower thought was directed towards him.

Pitchford got ejected? I was watching a 4 year old and a 2 year old while trying to watch the game, but I thought he was just assessed a technical foul. He came back into the game, right? Or did I completely miss that?

No, it was the other black ref.  And he was lecturing Petteway for a good 30 seconds of our huddle during the timeout, from what I could tell.

Going up the escalator into the 200 and up sections you can really tell the tempature difference. It's borderline ridiculous. I'm just glad there's an escalator and I don't have to walk up all those stairs like I had to at the Bob. I'd be sweating all game. I'm also lazy.

I did like what I saw from Biggs.  And Smith has flashes.

It was a rather uneventful almost boring game only made worse by me being hungover. I'm really looking forward to seeing how these guys play against big boy teams in Charleston.

I'm sure others noticed the official timeout during which we had a guest wearing stripes spending quite a bit of time in our huddle conversing with Miles and with Petteway. Wondering what that was all about.

only saw the second half online but was it Hightower? He is retiring next month and if it was him they could have been talking to him. Crean at Indiana stopped the game with a minute left to honor him at his game the other night.

Speaking of Hightower, that was the reason for the Pitchford was ejected. He was having a conversation with a SC St player that Hightower thought was directed towards him.

Pitchford got ejected? I was watching a 4 year old and a 2 year old while trying to watch the game, but I thought he was just assessed a technical foul. He came back into the game, right? Or did I completely miss that?

Sorry...not enough coffee yet....assessed a technical

I only got the still photo from your post, Dimes, but it looked just like I remembered it--not particularly "light".

Try again..should be actual video from Huskers.com

I would suspect this might not work for you if you're using an ipad/ipod

On my desktop.  Showed the Miles/Peltz photo, but the video was Miles' press conference. 

I only got the still photo from your post, Dimes, but it looked just like I remembered it--not particularly "light".

Try again..should be actual video from Huskers.com

I would suspect this might not work for you if you're using an ipad/ipod

On my desktop.  Showed the Miles/Peltz photo, but the video was Miles' press conference. 

Ah, ok.  If you look again, I should have a "Miles talking at a presser" picture going now.

I saw/heard the same thing. It looked like Miles tried to put him in but Peltz turned it down. Maybe wasn't feeling the best?