Strength and Conditioning

Kudos to the staff and mostly the players for getting after it in the offseason. We look the part and a few of the guys definitely transformed their body for the better. Benny looks in much better shape and whole short looks to have the body needed to finish down low on a drive. Baby steps...we finally look like a high major basketball team. This roster will be fun to watch the next few years. Love the atleticism.

Agreed, I thought Shields looked real slow and unathletic last year. He has made major strides in the off season. He looked the part as a go to scorer last night! Let's hope that progress continues, He has the makings to be a special player for us in the years to come!

I thought Shields showed a lot more explosion! Whoever is working with him on strength and conditioning needs some praise!

If anyone's played a video game, they'll understand this post. What we think is this thing called quickness, is probably more accurately attributed to knowledge.

You're playing God of War on hardcore, and getting your tail handed to you. Why? Because every move you make is improvised in unknown terrain. But as you fail, you gain knowledge of the terrain, and what you need to do in it to succeed. Eventually, if for nothing more than memory, you pass the level because you finally know what to do at each step of the way. Your time is also much faster than when you're having to think through things.

This is what I saw last night. Some players that had started to integrate the proper moves in known terrain. It makes you look a lot faster than you did when you were struggling to think about what to do on the fly.

We're not quicker, per se. We're more experienced and more drilled in how to play ball. Strength, on the other hand, is another egg. I do think we have some players who are stronger, but I would expect no less between the freshman and sophomore season.

I'm still pretty giddy after last night's win. We clearly had a productive offseason.

I believe Tim Wilson has a great reputation in the business, and he's a former NBA strength coach. He's done a great job IMO.

We're lucky he's from Nebraska and wanted to move back here...he does a great job.

Any players who decides they want to put in the effort to get better will have that effort optimized for results.

I believe Tim Wilson has a great reputation in the business, and he's a former NBA strength coach. He's done a great job IMO.

We're lucky he's from Nebraska and wanted to move back here...he does a great job.

Any players who decides they want to put in the effort to get better will have that effort optimized for results.

Makes for an excellent situation for Husker hoops long-term.