OK, so shiny new arena, practically new team, nearly new coach ...

Jadler, I am no techy so I am not sure how this might work, but could you video the chants and use the "UNL facebook" or twitter or the Vine or something to send it to all the students, or at least all the student ticket holders.  I don't know how you get all their account information, or whether UNL would give you their email addresses, etc.  But my point is that if they could watch a video of the cheer/chant ahead of time, it would allow them to know what is going on and how it should go ahead of time.  You could also give instruction as to when to use what cheer (ie, "Got it" after a 3 pointer, UGLY during a freethrow, a certain chant during the first media timeout, that type of thing.)

Just a thought.

Jadler, I am no techy so I am not sure how this might work, but could you video the chants and use the "UNL facebook" or twitter or the Vine or something to send it to all the students, or at least all the student ticket holders.  I don't know how you get all their account information, or whether UNL would give you their email addresses, etc.  But my point is that if they could watch a video of the cheer/chant ahead of time, it would allow them to know what is going on and how it should go ahead of time.  You could also give instruction as to when to use what cheer (ie, "Got it" after a 3 pointer, UGLY during a freethrow, a certain chant during the first media timeout, that type of thing.)

Just a thought.

Ok, while this idea is great we're afraid to go down this path. There are two reasons we're afraid of this.

1. We don't want to end up with something insanely cheesy. 

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-05wPlQQ4

2. We don't want to be anything like Taking Back Gameday. I won't post on here why but if you have any idea what they were you'll understand.

2. The drums were for one game; the game that Tai visited. We are asking the marketing gentlemen to ask the band director to attend a few of our meetings. I believe to get the drummers more often they'll need to add a few members of the drumline to Big Red Express.

DId Tai visit during the Creighton game?  I ask because I was at that one and there were definitely drums and colored lights at that one.  Truth be told, I thought that was pretty cool, although it went a bit too long.

You might consider a rule against half shirts in the student section.  In the same game, some dude had a cutoff with "Tom Osborne" written around his belly button.  It was rather disturbing and probably not exactly the sort of tribute Tom would appreciate.  As my kids would say, "It was just plain wrong."

Tai did not visit during the Creighton game.

Then they definitely did it more than just one game.

ku-medium.jpg

Rhetorical Question: Any other unwanted advice about how our college students can meet your standards?

Just a thought.

Actually, the best way to get the crowd to chant something would be a Tim Miles pregame tweet.  Sounds like a good addition to the Tim Miles Half time tweet.

Okay now lets get some ideas for the intros.

I have always liked when the visiting is announced and nobody says a word. Or reads the paper. Loved the Evil Empire theme song before we introduced some teams last year.

Also would love to have the guy back in the day when ND was good when Digger was there.

His first thing out of his mouth would be "Do you want them?" He would say it a couple of times and get louder each time. The gym would be going crazy.

Then he would start with the players. Really need to hear it to get the whole picture. Will try to find it on YouTube.

Was like the Bulls, 76rs and Pistons in their hay days.

One thing I would like to see is the stupid clapping 3 times when they announce the opposing team.  That works for volleyball but shouldn't be used for men's basketball.  Seems like just the people who go to volleyball games try to do it at the Bball games as well.  It comes across as very lame.

unl whole heartedly agrees with this.

I am going to challenge the student section to remain on their feet the whole game and to make noise (some kind of chant) during every defensive series against FGCU.

We have a shiny new building.  We need a shiny new atmosphere to go along with it.  Show us what you're made of, student section.

(This coming from an old, fat guy who wants you to be on your feet and be loud.  Don't disappoint the Norm.)

We've discussed it. Everyone knows it from the Utah State basketball student section. Would be awesome to see us do it behind the benches though.

I'm partial to this chant but I'm sure I'll get tossed for starting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17mJgQkZX9U

I like the direction you're headed with this.

***Disclaimer, I am NOT a Chelsea fan***

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g1UTcwAYuwc

We've discussed it. Everyone knows it from the Utah State basketball student section. Would be awesome to see us do it behind the benches though.

I'm partial to this chant but I'm sure I'll get tossed for starting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17mJgQkZX9U

I like the direction you're headed with this.

***Disclaimer, I am NOT a Chelsea fan***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1UTcwAYuwc

One thing I would like to see is the stupid clapping 3 times when they announce the opposing team.  That works for volleyball but shouldn't be used for men's basketball.  Seems like just the people who go to volleyball games try to do it at the Bball games as well.  It comes across as very lame.

They do the same thing at the women's  basketball games I think it is ssssssssssooooooooooooooooo lame. Told the wifey that that was a VB thing and don't belong in basketball.

They do the same thing at the women's  basketball games I think it is ssssssssssooooooooooooooooo lame. Told the wifey that that was a VB thing and don't belong in basketball.

But it's hard to say "who cares, you suck" with a straight face to the guys who waxed us by 30 in Columbus.